Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:55 AM   #102
Surrylic
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
New from pod2g

https://twitter.com/pod2g/status/297033051119169536

Still keeping us guessing
I hate to be annoying, but I can't access Twitter while at work... would anyone mind telling me what this says?
Surrylic is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:56 AM   #103
boshii
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrylic View Post
I hate to be annoying, but I can't access Twitter while at work... would anyone mind telling me what this says?
About evasi0n release. Nothing is certain. Can be sunday, after, or before!
boshii is offline   1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:58 AM   #104
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
New from pod2g

https://twitter.com/pod2g/status/297033051119169536

Still keeping us guessing
Ugh, so annoying.

The vibe we seem to be getting from the website is that things are moving more quickly, not slower.

Thus, hopefully that tweet insinuates Sunday or earlier.

If not, well I did warn people to expect it as late as next weekend
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:08 PM   #105
Mrg02d
Banned

Maybe it comes out tonight?

I bet it doesn't come out before Sunday, judging by the progress. Id hope the beta testers take more than an hour to test the thing...I could see GUI stuff done by tomorrow and then the beta testers done by Sunday evening.

It probably could be released super early, tonight even, but what if there were bugs that only beta testing would uncover? Imagine the horror! You thought blobs were bad, imagine having thousands of people stuck in DFU mode. Id rather suffer a few more days than risk a nasty butted snag.

In the meantime, read up on the many tweaks...(Youtube).

Matt
Mrg02d is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:18 PM   #106
acorntoy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra Mac View Post
Someone should suggest to them to release different platforms in stages to keep traffic consistent and not overwhelm. OSX early!

I wouldn't be opposed to this :P

This is actually rather smart though. Since they have Windows and Mac done they should start to get people to test those while continuing to work on the Linux GUI. Release on a as-done basis so when the jailbreak is released the traffic doesn't crash the site and people have to wait even longer for the site to get back up.
acorntoy is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:22 PM   #107
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
You stole that comment from me on facebook man. Comon.

68% , this is tempting!
Right, like no one else but you would be observant enough to see the calendar icon.

Hey everybody, we have a genius over here! Quick come and see!!!
Luis2004 is offline   1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:24 PM   #108
drakestan
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis2004 View Post
Right, like no one else but you would be observant enough to see the calendar icon.

MacRumors: Where the people get mad over non exclusive "stolen" pictures and observations.
drakestan is offline   2
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:37 PM   #109
Adutrumque
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis2004 View Post

I was actually joking, it's a reference to his last incident.
If you look it up it's the same guy.
Adutrumque is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:41 PM   #110
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrg02d View Post
Maybe it comes out tonight?

I bet it doesn't come out before Sunday, judging by the progress. Id hope the beta testers take more than an hour to test the thing...I could see GUI stuff done by tomorrow and then the beta testers done by Sunday evening.

It probably could be released super early, tonight even, but what if there were bugs that only beta testing would uncover? Imagine the horror! You thought blobs were bad, imagine having thousands of people stuck in DFU mode. Id rather suffer a few more days than risk a nasty butted snag.

In the meantime, read up on the many tweaks...(Youtube).

Matt
If the app is ready for OS X and Windows, then the GUI is wrapped up.

They are likely private beta testing the OS X and Windows version as they compile the Linux version.

As soon as Linux is complete and tested, I see no reason to withhold it.

Seeing as they built the GUI and moved quickly yesterday, I would think we will see it on or before Sunday unless something goes awry.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:50 PM   #111
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
I was actually joking, it's a reference to his last incident.
If you look it up it's the same guy.
I was very tongue-in-cheek myself. . . it's hard to get a tone out on a post.

Luis2004 is offline   1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:14 PM   #112
Mrg02d
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls90 View Post
If the app is ready for OS X and Windows, then the GUI is wrapped up.

They are likely private beta testing the OS X and Windows version as they compile the Linux version.

As soon as Linux is complete and tested, I see no reason to withhold it.

Seeing as they built the GUI and moved quickly yesterday, I would think we will see it on or before Sunday unless something goes awry.
In that case, Friday might be fun day.

Not really sure what beta testers actually do...Run the tool and check that Cydia is installed afterwords?

Matt
Mrg02d is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:17 PM   #113
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick snagwell View Post
oh come on dhlizard! you too!?
The request was to not start a new thread
What is wrong with a single post in an existing thread

Being a bit "picky" maybe

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:31 PM   #114
famoussasjohn
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Not really sure what beta testers actually do...Run the tool and check that Cydia is installed afterwords?

Matt
Probably a little more advanced than just that. They would probably cross reference everything to make sure everything is working properly after the jailbreak and report back anything that doesn't work properly. With Jailbreakme, Facetime would disappear after you rebooted and had to re-jailbreak with the updated Jailbreakme page to have Facetime appear again.
famoussasjohn is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:36 PM   #115
bigjnyc
macrumors 68040

Quote:

Matt
I'm sure testing is a little more sophisticated than that. I'm sure evad3r team members are looking at logs while testers are jailbreaking to see if there are any errors or hiccups.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:44 PM   #116
Mrg02d
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by famoussasjohn View Post
Probably a little more advanced than just that. They would probably cross reference everything to make sure everything is working properly after the jailbreak and report back anything that doesn't work properly. With Jailbreakme, Facetime would disappear after you rebooted and had to re-jailbreak with the updated Jailbreakme page to have Facetime appear again.
Yikes! I use Facetime extensively! That would have been a tough pill to swallow...
Mrg02d is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:03 PM   #117
Nimravus
macrumors member

I know there are spy software that exist that log every photo, video, SMS, MMS, location data, etc online where you can retrieve them. Mainly to keep tabs on your underage kids with iPhones. There is even a spy software that can activate the iPhone camera remotely.

So theoretically, those capabilities could be built into the jailbreak process to be installed onto our iPhones and we would never know it right?
Nimravus is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:05 PM   #118
DerekRod
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimravus View Post
I know there are spy software that exist that log every photo, video, SMS, MMS, location data, etc online where you can retrieve them. Mainly to keep tabs on your underage kids with iPhones. There is even a spy software that can activate the iPhone camera remotely.

So theoretically, those capabilities could be built into the jailbreak process to be installed onto our iPhones and we would never know it right?
Highly unlikely but possible but with a jailbroken phone you would be able to delete it if it did happen
DerekRod is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:07 PM   #119
thelatinist
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by famoussasjohn View Post
Indeed, there have been other similar issues. There are often issues with iBooks caused by bypassing the encryption which they have to find a fix for. There have been issues with FaceTime, as you mentioned, and also certain other built-in apps. For UltraSnow there was an issue with signal bars getting messed up in one version. These are the kinds of things they try to catch, but working to a tight schedule they aren't always able.

Additionally, because they sometimes have to inject code into RAM without knowing precisely how it is addressed (Apple doesn't tell them that sort of thing), there can be unforeseen instabilities that might not be caught on every device. Sometimes it's trial and error to determine the most stable place to attack.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:09 PM   #120
Nimravus
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekRod View Post
Highly unlikely but possible but with a jailbroken phone you would be able to delete it if it did happen
Yup, highly unlikely... Like a 1% chance because the backlash if that was found out would be tremendous. But I was jus going to ask how would we know?
Nimravus is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:10 PM   #121
nepalisherpa
macrumors 68000

I cannot wait to install all my jailbroken apps/tweaks. Oh, and also enable Facetime over cellular and tell AT&T to shove it up their a**!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:13 PM   #122
DerekRod
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Yup, highly unlikely... Like a 1% chance because the backlash if that was found out would be tremendous. But I was jus going to ask how would we know?
Youd have to be smart to be able to find it on your phone
DerekRod is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:13 PM   #123
Nimravus
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepalisherpa View Post
I cannot wait to install all my jailbroken apps/tweaks. Oh, and also enable Facetime over cellular and tell AT&T to shove it up their a**!
AT&T should just leave "unlimited" grandfathered customers alone now. There can't be that many left. Let them be. Geez.
Nimravus is offline   0
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:20 PM   #124
Carlanga
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepalisherpa View Post
FaceTime is one of the first things I activate on 3G, but I think I have only used the thing around 3 times lmao. I do use Skype constantly everyday
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:20 PM   #125
Yousefarman
macrumors member

Quote:
AT&T should just leave "unlimited" grandfathered customers alone now. There can't be that many left. Let them be. Geez.
The Website is down.... Possible update coming
Yousefarman is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland