Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JesperKoch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2013
Hi guys.

I have a Mac Mini medio 2007 which is giving me trouble clean installing Snow Leopard.

It previous ran Lion but now I want a Clean install of Snow Leopard. I boot up on the disk and format the hard drive in disk utility. I'm verifying the disk and it says everything is okay.

I'm beginning the install and after 10-15 minutes it crashes with this picture..

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17425103/IMG_1857.jpg

It's in danish and says something like "The installation program could not copy the necessary support-arhives" - "Please restart"

Please help..

Best regards

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
When you erased the disk, did you select the disk itself (like 1TB Seagate or example), or did you select only Macintosh HD? You need to select the disk drive itself above Macintosh HD so that the Lion recovery partition gets erased/removed.

JesperKoch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2013
Yes, I've already tried that. I´m now reformatting by over-writing 7 times (FBI-recommended)..

I went to terminal og wrote diskutil list. I could see a lot of different stuff. Is that suppose to be there on a completely clean disk?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Yes, I've already tried that. I´m now reformatting by over-writing 7 times (FBI-recommended)..

I went to terminal og wrote diskutil list. I could see a lot of different stuff. Is that suppose to be there on a completely clean disk?

I don't see how the 7 pass erase is going to help at all.

What are you seeing in diskutil list? With no OS installed I think you will just see the main and an EFI partition.

When you run repair disk are you also selecting the drive name and not just Macintosh HD?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.