Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:37 AM   #1
snaps042
macrumors member

Locked out of icloud ...

Hi,

This morning (Europe time), I started Safari and went to my mail tab. A mesage told me that 'for security reasons' my Apple ID had been disabled and I should go to 'iforgot.apple.com' to reset my password.

I followed the on-screen instructions, entered my Apple ID and then opted to 'answer security questions'. This I did and the system accepted my replies. I then selected a new password which I entered twice.

The password was accepted by the system and the on-screen instructions told me that I could now access my account.

I went back to icloud.com and put in my Apple ID and the NEW password. Up came the message that 'for security reasons' my Apple ID had been disabled and I should go to ... hang on, I just did that.

I tried the new password on my iPhone. That was rejected too.

Strangely enough, the new password worked when I logged into the Apple Discussion form but that's it. I'm still locked out of my icloud/mail account.

Hope someone can figure this out?

Thanks for your time.

Stu
snaps042 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:10 AM   #2
Mark-C
macrumors newbie

Exactly the same issue here. Was using my iPhone when suddenly I had a box show up asking me to enter my password for iCloud, after entering the password 3 or so times it seems to have messed something up. Looking at the Apple service status there aren't any issues with iCloud so I'm utterly confused as to why this has happened?

Everything I own that relies on iCloud is now popping up with a message stating my account has been locked and that I need to change my password!

Not the least bit impressed!
Mark-C is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:44 AM   #3
PaulhanRipple
macrumors newbie

Me too. I haven't been able to access anything iCloud for nearly 5 hours now. But the system status says that everything is fine!

----------

And I'm now getting this message when I try to access an apple forum: "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons. Visit iForgot to reset your account (https://iforgot.apple.com). Forgot your Apple ID? "
PaulhanRipple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:53 PM   #4
PaulhanRipple
macrumors newbie

OK. Suddenly everything works. I can get to iCloud.com with my new password. I have to close and reopen Mail on the mac but there they are now all of my lovely emails. I have to restart the iPhone but mail is there now as well.

Wonder what the problem was.
PaulhanRipple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 04:01 AM   #5
snaps042
macrumors member

I called the Mac Service people who spent 1hr 32 mins trying to sort it out. Eventually, I was put through to a supervisor who initiated a total reboot of my account. I had to wait 24hrs for the email which allowed me to start over with a brand new password.

Everything worked fine after that.

However, at night I switched everything off and the following morning I received the same message saying that I had been locked out of my Apple ID account.

It is now the weekend and have had no email for 48hrs. Pity the poor supervisor who foolishly sent me a 'congratulatory' email. His inbox will contain some choice words when he comes into work tomorrow morning ... I am not pleased at all.
snaps042 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services