Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strauss884

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Looks like I won't get it earlier than expected (February 12-19).

Even if it changes to Preparing for Shipment tomorrow, how long does it take for it to change to Shipped.

:(

It usually change pretty quick sometimes less than 24 hrs but usually 24-36 hours.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
27 inch iMac
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad , Magic Mouse
Apple Wired keyboard

Order January 12
Expected Deliver Feb 11-19
Ohio

Just got tracking number, expected delivery Feb 6th.

what city are you in so we can judge just how long it is taking to plane across the USA.

----------

Even if it changes to Preparing for Shipment tomorrow, how long does it take for it to change to Shipped.

well it depends on how far it has to travel to get to you determines when you will get it. For some lucky ones it only takes 2-3 business days others can take up to 7-10 days after it ships.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
what city are you in so we can judge just how long it is taking to plane across the USA.

----------

well it depends on how far it has to travel to get to you determines when you will get it. For some lucky ones it only takes 2-3 business days others can take up to 7-10 days after it ships.

Columbus, OH

----------

Mine was less than 24 hours. Around 18 hours off the top of my head.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
I am seeing that some iMacs are being ordered on the 12th of Jan but has a estimated delivery time frame of Feb 11-19. That is the same as mine. However I ordered on the 15th. The ones ordered now on the 12th are moving to preparing for shipment. . . I hope mine is any day now but most likely Saturday is my guess.

Hutch026

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
My base imac with 1 TB Fusion Drive that I ordered on 1/13 is now being shipped. Estimated delivery date is Feb. 6 by 430...

jlmcclellan

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
I ordered my 27" iMac on the 29th of January.

27-inch iMac
Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Fully loaded, will upgrade memory to at least 16gigs once I get it. Not sure what COUNTRY KIT means, but whatever. Est. delivery is between 29th of Feb and 5 of March. :(

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
I hope people can keep on updating the spreadsheet. Sometimes it seems like the "holes" in a series of shipped orders might be lack of updating the sheet.

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I hope people can keep on updating the spreadsheet. Sometimes it seems like the "holes" in a series of shipped orders might be lack of updating the sheet.

Kinda difficult to do now since somebody decided to delete the username column. No clue which row is "mine" anymore.

Hutch026

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
Kinda difficult to do now since somebody decided to delete the username column. No clue which row is "mine" anymore.

I saw that also... Luckily, I was able to look at my order date and location to decide which order was mine.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Besides getting it earlier, I really want it during my one week vacation which starts Super Bowl Sunday.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Spreadsheet updated.

----------

Wow that is a quick change from preparing to Shipped. Surely Feb 6th would be more accurate.

it usually only stays as preparing for a day or so, it changed to preparing last night at 11 and then an hour or so ago to shipped. I think thats typical.

be interested to see what other peoples delivery estimate is i think a week + is very long compared to others.

iainc

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
Cheltenham, UK
Shipped at last!

Finally!!

At some point early this morning the status of my 1st Jan order changed, specs as follows;

27-inch iMac

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-B
COUNTRY KIT-B

Not long to go now!!

Now confirmed as shipped, delivery expected 6th Feb via UPS, I can't wait!

iainc

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
Cheltenham, UK
it usually only stays as preparing for a day or so, it changed to preparing last night at 11 and then an hour or so ago to shipped. I think thats typical.

be interested to see what other peoples delivery estimate is i think a week + is very long compared to others.

Looks like we may be on the same plane, although my delivery is scheduled for the 6th. An extra 2 days to send it up to Liverpool by truck? I'm up in Speke on the 7th, i'll bring it up for you and save you a day! haha

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Looks like we may be on the same plane, although my delivery is scheduled for the 6th. An extra 2 days to send it up to Liverpool by truck? I'm up in Speke on the 7th, i'll bring it up for you and save you a day! haha

ha, thanks :)
I'm in Chester, and I'll come to Speke to collect it, I'll even go to London to get it.

Be interested to see what date Mike gets as he is in Liverpool.

don't understand why its taking so long, but i will be asking Apple that very question tomorrow!

no flight allocated yet according to expeditors.com.waiting for flight from shanghai to London. I think there is one at 11pm tonight.

Last edited:

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
My iMac was ordered on the 11th, and I received shipping status that it left China yesterday at 10:00 (China time). It's been almost 24 hours without a status update from Fedex. I'm sure it's either on the plane, or a slow boat...heading for its final destination in San Francisco. I have an estimated delivery date of February 5th!

Gavzooka

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2013
Yay! Mines gone to Preparing for Shipment!!!

Ordered 13/01/13
Preparing for Shipment 31/01/13

Spec in signature....

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
Well the wave of the iMac is coming to the 14.1 orders! :)
Who ever started the google spread sheet is genius.

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
Not long until the orders from the 16th goes through. Waited 15 days, ergo the average being 15-18 days, mine should ship by Sunday.
But then again, one never know.

kanepuppydog

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Spreadsheet

Someone has been messing with the spreadsheet because some orders including mine have disappeared.

solarno

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
No express shipping for me

It looks as if reports of express shipping for all 27" iMacs is incorrect. The attached image of my tracking info at FedEx says 'International Economy'. That would appear to be corroborated by the actual tracking info. After being picked up early yesterday morning, it sat in Shanghai for over 24 hours before actually leaving earlier today. It went though Japan today, and if it made the connecting flight, it should have just landed in Anchorage. I'm crossing my fingers that it makes the flight to Memphis tonight, and then makes the journey back to Los Angeles.

All in all though I'm not worried or upset at the wait. When I ordered the machine Apple said it would be delivered between Feb 4-11. FedEx says I'll have it on the 4th. Apple has kept every promise they made to me regarding delivery.

Attachments

• fedextracking.jpg
    fedextracking.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 36
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.