Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chumburro2U

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
I Love L.A.
I have 5,395 songs in iTunes 11. My iPhone states that I have 6,050 songs. I have iTunes Match turned on. My iPhone used to state that I had over 11 GB of free space left, but now it states that I have 4.9 GB of free space. What gives? I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1 Any info on how to get my free space back and for iTunes and my iPhone to state the correct number of songs. Thanks for any info in advance.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Sometimes iTunes stores other type of media files such as windows system file sound in many different formats or ringtones from third party programs and counts them as songs. I myself have like 100+ of such files, including mp3 ringtones and other system files that bad been stored on my computer for many years.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I have 5,395 songs in iTunes 11. My iPhone states that I have 6,050 songs. I have iTunes Match turned on. My iPhone used to state that I had over 11 GB of free space left, but now it states that I have 4.9 GB of free space. What gives? I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1 Any info on how to get my free space back and for iTunes and my iPhone to state the correct number of songs. Thanks for any info in advance.

For the free space on the phone, did you have any music synced to the phone before turning match on. If you did you will need to use iTunes to "un-sync" that music. Then cycle match off and then back on (on your phone).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.