Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradlfc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Hello , I'm having problems with my mac turning it on .
I changed the keyboard a few weeks back and have had problems ever since,
Some times the ac wouldnt turn on so I would take the battery out so the smc and pram resets and all the rest of it and eventually fiddling around with those resets got it on .

But when I did manage to get it on everything worked fine turned it off took out the charger and the next morning it wouldnt work, tried everything all the resets left it charge but it won't turn on ,
The battery did work fine when I got the Mac , and now I have the amber light on the charger,
Please help save my mac :(
Any help appriciated
Thanks

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
It would be helpful to know what Mac you have, which I'm guessing is not an Air, since I doubt you disassembled it just to take the battery out.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Some times the ac wouldnt turn on so I would take the battery out so the smc and pram resets and all the rest of it and eventually fiddling around with those resets got it on .

But when I did manage to get it on everything worked fine turned it off took out the charger and the next morning it wouldnt work, tried everything all the resets left it charge but it won't turn on ,
The battery did work fine when I got the Mac , and now I have the amber light on the charger,
Any help appriciated
Thanks

There is your problem, if you changed it and you have all kinds of problems don't you think this isn't the problem?
It's a bad keyboard or you did a bad job by replacing it or damaged something.
Why did you change it, maybe the old one wasn't working well but without the above problems, if so and you still have it put it back and see if the new problems are gone, if so the new keyboard is rubbish or you just messed up.

bradlfc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
The keyboard works fine though when its turned on? And I took great care and I have replaced parts on macs and other laptops , the old keyboard had a drink spilt on it but non was spilt on the logic board and I cleaned any excess mess of the Mac

----------

It would be helpful to know what Mac you have, which I'm guessing is not an Air, since I doubt you disassembled it just to take the battery out.
I have a air a1370 11"

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
The keyboard works fine though when its turned on? And I took great care and I have replaced parts on macs and other laptops , the old keyboard had a drink spilt on it but non was spilt on the logic board and I cleaned any excess mess of the Mac

----------

I have a air a1370 11"

There you have it, there might have been liquid spilled inside as well, so it might be a logic board problem.
For instance, if some water got into the connector it might be corroded and the only way to get it right again is to clean it, if that is possible.

bradlfc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
None was spilt on the logic board I just said that , there's a protector so liquid doesn't get on the compents there was only some liquid on case and protector . This is not the problem , it still worked for months after the spill

Liquid Spill

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
Chicago, Il

Any help appriciated
Thanks
Did you ever get a resolution to your issue? How long did it work after the keyboard was replaced? For some reason it seem more logic board related then keyboard.

Attonine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2006
Kent. UK
None was spilt on the logic board I just said that , there's a protector so liquid doesn't get on the compents there was only some liquid on case and protector . This is not the problem , it still worked for months after the spill

If you take the Apple Certified Macintosh Technicians course, one of the things they tell you to be aware of is that a failure may not be instant, it may take some time for something like liquid damage, a knock, damaged RAM by touching it, to actually fail. The fact your machine worked for some months after the spill does not guarantee no liquid contacted the logic board or other sensitive piece of equipment.

Last edited:

imac5

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Toronto

Any help appriciated
Thanks

Hi- have you tried charging it? Maybe the battery is out of power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.