Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:49 AM   #1
FHayek
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
iPhone in Europe

I understand I won't be able to make calls using my US based Verizon i5 in Europe, but will the Wi-Fi work? I assume I can toggle the cellular data to off, but connect to the internet, mail etc via Wi-Fi.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks-

FH
FHayek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:27 PM   #2
C DM
macrumors 604
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHayek View Post
I understand I won't be able to make calls using my US based Verizon i5 in Europe, but will the Wi-Fi work? I assume I can toggle the cellular data to off, but connect to the internet, mail etc via Wi-Fi.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks-

FH
WiFi is basically the same across the world, so that will definitely work.
C DM is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:46 PM   #3
FHayek
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Thanks very much!
FHayek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:08 PM   #4
DerekRod
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHayek View Post
Thanks very much!
Your iPhone 5 on Verizon is completely unlocked just a nano sim in whatever country your in an voila your all set
DerekRod is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Merkie
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekRod View Post
Your iPhone 5 on Verizon is completely unlocked just a nano sim in whatever country your in an voila your all set
This. But I think WiFi is a better choice since it's a big hassle to get a new SIM for each country you enter.
Merkie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:37 PM   #6
DerekRod
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkie View Post
This. But I think WiFi is a better choice since it's a big hassle to get a new SIM for each country you enter.
A hassle not at all France cost me 25 euros and minutes of my life.UK was even faster they have machines that sell sim cards
DerekRod is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC