Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:01 AM   #1
gursis11
macrumors member

Can't make iPhone simulator locate (using Debug > Location >Apple)

This happens after I tell it to zoom in onto the location, before this, it works fine. I tried this on the app I'm developing and also in the stock Apple Maps. Google Maps on Safari can locate though.
Any help would be much appreciated.

PS. I'm pretty new and am following this tutorial: http://www.appcoda.com/ios-programmi...th-mapkit-api/
so, if there seems that there's anything wrong, do correct me.

Thanks!
gursis11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:32 PM   #2
ianray
macrumors 6502

You haven't given many details, but I assume you figured out that in those instructions MyLocationViewController is actually ViewController?

Is 'Shows User Location' ticked in Map View properties?

What happens if you set a breakpoint on mapView:didUpdateUserLocation: ?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Tags
location, maps, simulator, xcode