Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:50 AM   #26
C DM
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroony View Post
When your phone is turned off, texts still come trough after you switch it back on and if people are not smart enough to leave a quick message on voice mail, they should just not call you in the first place, or just try again later if it's that important.

Sometimes, it's quite healthy not to be reachable for a while.
Understood, I was just mentioning that based on the OP the desired outcome that was being sought is a state where nothing comes through except for calls and texts (not that they could be checked later, but that they actually come through). This particular scenario, while certainly a valid one and a good one for situations of this sort, wouldn't quite address the part about calls and texts coming through unfortunately.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:15 PM   #27
cynics
macrumors 603

In similar situations I just use the do not disturb option and check it every so often when I take a break.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:19 PM   #28
C DM
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
Understood, I was just mentioning that based on the OP the desired outcome that was being sought is a state where nothing comes through except for calls and texts (not that they could be checked later, but that they actually come through). This particular scenario, while certainly a valid one and a good one for situations of this sort, wouldn't quite address the part about calls and texts coming through unfortunately.
Thinking a little more about this, it does seem that short of using Do Not Disturb that would only allow calls through and not texts, one of the solutions to only limit things to just calls and texts would be to do what was proposed in one of the first few replies:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappyfool View Post
It would be nice to be able to disable all notifications easily.

As a workaround for now, for your situation the easiest thing to do might be to turn off mobile data and wifi, that should stop nearly all notifications (you may have some local scheduled notifications) whilst allowing calls and texts to come in.
C DM is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:03 PM   #29
white4s
macrumors 6502a

sounds like you should just pay attention to class/studying and worry about talking to people when youre done
white4s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:09 PM   #30
cyks
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by white4s View Post
sounds like you should just pay attention to class/studying and worry about talking to people when youre done
For all you know, he's working on a group project and needs to be in touch with the other students.

Just because you don't seem to find issue with his problem doesn't mean that it isn't a legit issue for some.

Heck, I have a family friend in the hospital that I'm waiting to hear the status updates on. Sucks that there's no way to silence my phone and still allow texts to go through. Either it vibrates for every email and alert or I have to activate DnD and constantly check to make sure I haven't missed anything.
cyks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:27 PM   #31
C DM
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by white4s View Post
Who cares? Does this deal with the question that was asked? No, it's rather irrelevant and pointless.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 08:21 AM   #32
Freezorro
Banned

Still can't find a simple solution...
Freezorro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:12 AM   #33
C DM
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezorro View Post
Still can't find a simple solution...
Seems like Do Not Disturb is basically the way to go based on everything.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 04:59 PM   #34
iolinux333
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
Seems like Do Not Disturb is basically the way to go based on everything.
The main issue is lack of notification LED.
iolinux333 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2014, 05:22 PM   #35
Serelus
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Unfortunately not, since I would have to switch that 3-5 times a day... which means, going to Settings and playing with it 6-10 times a day. In a long term it would be annoying.

Thanks anyway
I don't mean to be rude, but I find you to be a little nitpicky. Technology has only come so far. Are we really at a point where having to switch something on and off a few times a day is too much work.

Maybe it's me, I struggle the same way with people who literally want access to all apps from the lockscreen, because having to unlock the device everytime is too much of a hassle...
Old Jul 19, 2014, 05:25 PM   #36
C DM
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolinux333 View Post
The main issue is lack of notification LED.
That would certainly help, but since it's not an option or a workaround even, it's not of much help unfortunately.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:17 AM   #37
Freezorro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serelus View Post
Technology has only come so far.
Really? Google Glass, Google cars with no steering wheel, printing organs, space travel... and we can't have something which is more like an additional feature to already existing "technology"?

I was hoping that maybe someone knows some app I can test out, or someone has some tips. I'm not asking anyone to invent a new iPhone which will wipe your butthole.
Freezorro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:28 AM   #38
C DM
macrumors G4

Quote:
Really? Google Glass, Google cars with no steering wheel, printing organs, space travel... and we can't have something which is more like an additional feature to already existing "technology"?

I was hoping that maybe someone knows some app I can test out, or someone has some tips. I'm not asking anyone to invent a new iPhone which will wipe your butthole.
So what's not working out with Do Not Disturb for this kind of thing?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6