Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your iPad match your iPhone color?

• Black iPhone/Black iPad

Votes: 65 38.9%
  • White iPhone/White iPad

Votes: 48 28.7%
  • Black iPhone/White iPad

Votes: 28 16.8%
  • White iPhone/Black iPad

Votes: 26 15.6%

• Total voters

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
I guess there's something about how the screen seems to float when turned on, and is almost indistinguishable from the bezel when turned off, that I like about the black models. The white ones seem too 'framed' for my tastes.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Does your iPad match your iPhone color?

Both white.

I went white on iPad3 , because I didn't like how my first black iPad vanished when asleep and laid down on black leather couch, ottoman, or tables.

I went white iPhone, again, because it's easier to spot, same reason. I used to have black iPhone with orange, and green bumpers... but they get grimey and gross. Wanted a black case/bumper, that doesn't get gross looking from use, but didn't want a boring all black emo phone.

White iPad, black speak easy shell.
White iPhone, gunmetal/black SPG thin bumper.

4y3equja.jpg

Steeley

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2011
I have a black iPad and a white iPhone. I hate the white iPhone; I won't buy that shade again!

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
What is the point of this thread? :confused:

I'm pretty sure the OP spent months following your viewing habits here on MacRumors, graphed a trend and had a motive, but waited for the right moment to post this topic here because he knew it would upset you, and all those months of research paid off.

Now back to the original topic.

I have a White iPad mini and Black iPhone 5 (and White/Silver iPod nano)

I like white because they're easier to find

I have black pillows on my bed and one day I remember spending like 15 minutes searching all over my house for my phone because I could not remember where I had put it down. Finally my sister arrived home and had her call it, to my surprise I found in my room on my pillow, I felt stupid.

I originally got the Black iPad mini and one night I picked up my friend to go out and I forgot my iPad was on the passenger seat and he didn't see it. He sat on (it blended in with my black car seats) and half way in the car ride I realized what he did. It didn't break or anything, so I decided I wanted the White iPad mini instead.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Two black iPhone 5s in our house. One black 3rd gen iPad and a black Mini.

The Mini has a red Smart Cover, so that solves the visibility issues that some people have mentioned. :)

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
I have a black iPhone 5 and a black iPad Mini. I love how well they match one another.

Also still rocking a black MacBook from 2008 :)

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2011
I guess there's something about how the screen seems to float when turned on, and is almost indistinguishable from the bezel when turned off, that I like about the black models. The white ones seem too 'framed' for my tastes.

I feel similarly about how the screen sort of disappears on the black, more so on the iPhone 5 than on the iPad mini. But I do really like the white, especially how fingerprints don't show nearly so glaringly as on the black models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.