Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
My wife is considering computerising her private physiotherapy practice in the near future. It is anticipated that another location apart from her main clinic will open in a nursing home within 18 months or so. At the moment there is herself and two associates plus a chiropodist in the main clinic. She has been 100% Mac based for the last 6 years and I don't see her changing. She will be looking to have an inter-accessible patient database, appointments calendar, card payment system, personal billing, health provider (BUPA etc) billing and accounting from the two locations plus her office in our house. At the moment this is all done manually with word templates and excel templates for billing and cash accounting plus traditional "books".

The Mac software I have looked at is very US orientated and the way of practice management and billing medical expenses in the US is so different, it is not really relevant to the UK. There is UK software but it is Windows. I don't want to introduce the complication of running a Windows emulator, as this makes multi-user much more complicated and is just another thing to go wrong. At a pinch we could just look at a standard small business software package but the only one the accountants seem to accept is Sage - which again is windows only. They used to do a Mac version years ago but dropped it.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to European orientated, Medical Practice Management software to run directly on Mac.

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Developed own App

You can look https://www.dasieclinic.com/en/ is a online medical management software. Is via web and can access with all Internet browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, IExplorrer) and operating systems (Mac, Windows, Linux).

Many thanks for the suggestion. Having given up trying to find a non-US biased medical/physiotherapy app for Mac, my wife has got together with a group of app developers and come up with an iPad app called Clinicjot. http://www.clinicjot.com

Wilson

albertcat

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
Many thanks for the suggestion. Having given up trying to find a non-US biased medical/physiotherapy app for Mac, my wife has got together with a group of app developers and come up with an iPad app called Clinicjot. http://www.clinicjot.com

Wilson

Very interesting the ClinicJot, it seems very easy to use. Cost 29$ to download the application in the APP Store, there extra cost or monthly fee?

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
You're not talking to the expert here I am afraid

Very interesting the ClinicJot, it seems very easy to use. Cost 29$ to download the application in the APP Store, there extra cost or monthly fee?

No monthly fee as I understand it. I have to admit to having lost the password I set up for the copy that I was given to see what I thought of it, so I can't currently use it ("useless" according to my wife). You can always download the free "lite" version to see if it might be what you are looking for.

The developers are looking at a different financial model, which will be a free app but with a monthly hosting fee dependent on usage, However, that is I believe, only a possibility for the future. I don't really get involved with the app. My wife is the physiotherapy consultant for the app, not a developer. There is also a website to look at clinicjot.com

Hope this helps

Wilson

nickay

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2017
Developed own App

Wilson
Hi Wilson

It seems i am a bit delayed in finding this thread. I have had a look at the clinicJot app and I am super interested in it. I don't have an ipad though, is it by any chance compatible with a mac?

Thank you
Nicole

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.