Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klm9210

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Which Apple Stores do you find to be the best-designed, and which ones do you consider to be blah and bland?

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
The one near my appartment in Montreal is considered to be one of the best designed.

asm-080724-1.jpg

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I think most of them are ugly, to be honest. I don't like the industrial/glass combination look at all.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I actually love their all-glass industrial look and their super sterile look inside the stores.

Here in Orlando we have three stores but all three are inside malls, so nothing special. Better than nothing, I guess.

OnceYouGoMac

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
In front of my Mac
From what I've seen of it I think London's Covent Garden store looks nice. It seems... different from all other Apple Stores. It looks like the kind of place I could spend a couple of hours in :D

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
The most beautiful one I've been in is in Covent Garden, London.

It has this beautiful glass spiral staircase. Apparently Apple have staircases like this patented, not sure if it's true though (anyone?). It really fits in with all the quirky old style shops around Covent Garden which is good :) I highly recommend a visit to anyone who is visiting London!

cg-courtyard-2.jpg

Apple_Covent_Garden_044.jpg

coventgarden-copy.png

Reactions: bradl and Huntn

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I want to make a bowl that look likes an Apple Store...and then smoke out of it.:D

^^ Sounds like a conversation between two high homeless hipster dudes...

I love the chicago the long island ones above.

The downtown SF store is ugly.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009

It has this beautiful glass spiral staircase. Apparently Apple have staircases like this patented, not sure if it's true though (anyone?). It really fits in with all the quirky old style shops around Covent Garden which is good :) I highly recommend a visit to anyone who is visiting London!

cg-courtyard-2.jpg

coventgarden-copy.png

The first thing I thought of when I tried to think of beautiful Apple Stores. I went there once, it really is a beautiful building and Apple did a great job converting it.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

cg-courtyard-2.jpg

coventgarden-copy.png

I rarely go into London but when I do I have to visit this store. I don't even have money to buy anything I just like going in.

My wife always finds it weird that I want to go in Apple Stores. I think she finally got it when I said "you know how you like to go in Laura Ashley but never come out with anything". :D

Stunning!

whosnut

Suspended
Jan 31, 2013
Riverside, CA
Do you think my fiancee would get upset if my motive for taking her to London was to see the Apple store at Covent Garden? The Apple stores nearest to me are all mall storefronts. They're nice, but nothing special to look at.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Do you think my fiancee would get upset if my motive for taking her to London was to see the Apple store at Covent Garden? The Apple stores nearest to me are all mall storefronts. They're nice, but nothing special to look at.

If she gets upset about you taking her to see Apple Stores she's not right for you :p

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010

cg-courtyard-2.jpg

coventgarden-copy.png

Looks great I like the way that they have used an existing building.:)

This is again great use of an existing building, an I can say it's just as fantastic in real life, visited Saturday last.

OnceYouGoMac

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
In front of my Mac

cg-courtyard-2.jpg

coventgarden-copy.png

I really want to visit that Apple store. Maybe I'll get a chance to go there this summer. Isn't it the biggest one in the world?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.