Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Ledgem
macrumors 65816

Threads automatically being marked as read

Greetings all,

I'm not new to vBulletin-based forums, but this is one thing I've never been able to figure out about MacRumors: unread threads are marked as being read very aggressively. Based on the timing it seems as if all posts in all sections of the forum are marked as read every time my session expires (although I can't say for certain, since I am set to auto-login). Other forums that I use tend to mark posts that are a month or more old as being read, but they don't clear the posts between logging in and out.

This is pretty disruptive to me, since I navigate the forum primarily through thread subscriptions and the User Control Panel. If threads are automatically marked as read, I don't see them in the control panel.

I've looked over my account settings a few times, but can't find any setting that would adjust this behavior. I feel that I must be missing it. Can anyone guide me to the right place?
Ledgem is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback