Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2002
New England
I'm about to buy a 2012 mini and have been reading about the hdmi issues some people have. Has anyone connected their hdtv to the mini using the thunderbolt port? I would think you could connect the hdtv with a minidisplayport to hdmi adapter. Has anyone tried this and seen a difference?

slickadam

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
Germany & Hungary
I'm about to buy a 2012 mini and have been reading about the hdmi issues some people have. Has anyone connected their hdtv to the mini using the thunderbolt port? I would think you could connect the hdtv with a minidisplayport to hdmi adapter. Has anyone tried this and seen a difference?

TB to HDMI is bad too (every option with HDMI cable)

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
TB to HDMI is bad too (every option with HDMI cable)

maybe for you but not for everyone. Mine has been fine from TB port from day one (using TB-DVI or TB-HDMI) - it's the HDMI port on the intel HD4k chipset that has issues.

My issues were resolved with the latest firmware update (followed by a calibration so now my HDMI output looks fine and suffers not from any black/snow outs).

CrazyNurse

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
I went with MDP because of all the reported HDMI issues. I haven't had a problem at all with a new Dell U2412. Not one flicker at all.

This problem is supposed to have been fixed in the last firmware update.

I will be using my HDMI later for a second U2412.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.