Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
I always wondered, what make a white iPhone white?

Last edited:

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
what exactly is it made of?

Is it made out of a naturally white material

or is it really a black iPhone with white on top?

iPhaithful

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
It is made from the souls of ancient Spartan warriors, which is in an eternal state of ambient glow. This is placed under reflective glass to give the appearance of a white iPhone. If you hold it right, you can hear a faint battle cry given by a warrior just before war.

:apple:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
It is made from the souls of ancient Spartan warriors, which is in an eternal state of ambient glow. This is placed under reflective glass to give the appearance of a white iPhone. If you hold it right, you can hear a faint battle cry given by a warrior just before war.

This is a silly post!:p

Literally LOL, but very silly...:D

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012

Seeing as the downvote button is gone. I had to make my own.

24w6ck3.jpg

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
And what makes a black iPhone black then?

I have to Google it. Is it made out of plastic? Cause you could take off the back of the iPhone 4 and it appeared to be plastic surrounded in glass.

But the iPhone 5 is different, I ... I don't know what it's made out of.

But what's stranger is I don't know what makes a white iPhone white.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have to Google it. Is it made out of plastic? Cause you could take off the back of the iPhone 4 and it appeared to be plastic surrounded in glass.

But the iPhone 5 is different, I ... I don't know what it's made out of.

But what's stranger is I don't know what makes a white iPhone white.
You'd probably need to know what makes a black iPhone black first so that you could then figure out what makes a white iPhone white.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
You'd probably need to know what makes a black iPhone black first so that you could then figure out what makes a white iPhone white.

Is the iPhone 5 made out of that new Gorilla Glass? I've yet to see a 5 crack and it's much less fingerprint prone.

:eek: I think the iPhone 5 white part is made out of white glass!

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Well an iPhone 4/4s backplate is make from a piece of glass, with white paint on the back, and iPhone screens are the same just with the LCD in the middle. iPhone 5 I believe the back is plastic, as it scratches easily, the back top and bottom that is. But yes, paint...

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Can you even take the back plate off of an iPhone five?

If so I would like to consider that because I would like my whole back to be just gray and not two-tone.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009

I vote this the best and funniest non-helpful post in Macrumors history..lmmfao....if people aren't gonna post something helpful they should at least be funny!!!..still lmao

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA

I can hear it now.... No wait, it's actually just my kids arguing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.