Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Tivolito
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Can i return my rMBP? So frustrated with these problems...

Hey

I bought my rMBP in july 2012, and ever since then it has been a lot of problems. So with the listed problems below; Can i return my computer?


Safari loads extremly slow, only loads like 10% of the page up in the search field. It takes around 20-30 seconds for it to start loading again after the 10% stop.

GIFs on internet glitches like ****. They lag, load slowly, and many times they flicker like crazy - going from first picture to second -> first picture to third etc. Makes it totally unwatchable.

www.twitch.tv only works 1 out of 10 times. When i enter a stream i want to watch, the stream is completly black. And while i'm on www.twitch.tv problem no. 1 always occur when i try to open another page.

Image retention. No explanation needed.

Movies lags. Picture/sound is out of sync. Video stutters, then speeds up like the computer took an ecstacy pill for 3 seconds.

Idle temperature is always 60+ degrees celcius. Dont know if this is standard though.

Swapping through for example facebook pictures if glitchy aswell. What happens here is that when i go the next picture in a gallery, a part of the previous picture blocks the new picture.

Text on some web pages is replaced with big white blocks. I guess it's when there's a flash text(?)

And last, but not least - this retarded EFI update that ****ed up the whole computer. Making it unusable unless i dont shut it down and do a SMC reset.
Tivolito is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:23 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core
 
simsaladimbamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: located
Have you upgraded to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion yet?

The temperature is within specs and normal. - Those Macs in their heat - a sine of over-heating? - a short story by Mister GGJstudios

No, you cannot return the Mac, as you only have 14 days to return it, however, as you still have a warranty, you can have Apple have a look at it.
__________________
FREEdomly passports. Circumwent bürocrazy.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Arnezie
macrumors 65816
 
Arnezie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
No you wont be able to return it, just a bit outside the 14 days
__________________
15 RETINA 2.6 16GB 256 , iPhone 5s , IPad 2 ATT 64GB
Arnezie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:26 PM   #4
thekev
macrumors 603
 
thekev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
It's too late to return it, but if a problem is hardware related, you can obtain warranty service. I'm not aware of any exceptions ever made months into a purchase.
__________________
world's largest manufacturer of tin foil hats, none of that aluminum foil crap.
thekev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 03:05 AM   #5
Ricanlegend
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bronx,Ny
Go to the apple store and have them check it out
Ricanlegend is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 03:10 AM   #6
Soulweaponry
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Image retention? Crappy performance on even basic stuff? I think you got a defective laptop. You're well past your return period but the problems you bring up are big enough for the warranty to take care of it. AFAIK, the image retention issue is something apple will always replace
__________________
2013 iPad air space grey 64gb, 2012 Retina Macbook 15 (base model), iPhone 5 white 32 gig, Macbook pro 13inch (late 2011), iPhone 4s 32gb
Soulweaponry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:03 AM   #7
tcphoto
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
What did Apple say when you first started seeing problems? Did you go to the Apple Store and speak to someone or call Apple Care? They are usually good about taking care of problems. After dealing with them for six months, they would likely have had it in a service center at least once and then replace it if the problem persists. They are unlikely to offer a refund after thirty days.
__________________
MBP 15", Apple 27" LED Cinema Display, iPhone 4S, iPad Air, 4GB iPod Nano, Canon 1Ds3 and a couple L's, a lighting strategy and most important, imagination.
tcphoto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:12 AM   #8
Quazimojo
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Auburn Hills,Mi
Yeah i do not have a single issue that is mentioned from the OP on my base RMBP .

Clearly you have some serious issues and services running in the background.

Fresh install is your best bet and if that does not fix it follow it up with a trip to the genius bar or a call to Apple.
Quazimojo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:12 AM   #9
T5BRICK
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
I bought my rMBP in july 2012, and ever since then it has been a lot of problems. So with the listed problems below; Can i return my computer?
Why do you need to return it? Just take it in and ask them to repair it.
T5BRICK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:13 AM   #10
snaky69
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
Hey

I bought my rMBP in july 2012, and ever since then it has been a lot of problems. So with the listed problems below; Can i return my computer?
No you can't. You're completely out of your 14 day return policy. Whining on here won't change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
Safari loads extremly slow, only loads like 10% of the page up in the search field. It takes around 20-30 seconds for it to start loading again after the 10% stop.
Have you ever tried another browser? Similar behaviour would indicate that your internet connection is to blame, not the computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
GIFs on internet glitches like ****. They lag, load slowly, and many times they flicker like crazy - going from first picture to second -> first picture to third etc. Makes it totally unwatchable.
Safari is notorious for this, try another browser and see if it still does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
www.twitch.tv only works 1 out of 10 times. When i enter a stream i want to watch, the stream is completly black. And while i'm on www.twitch.tv problem no. 1 always occur when i try to open another page.
It really sounds like you have a problem with your internet settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
Image retention. No explanation needed.
It's an IPS screen, it can happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
Movies lags. Picture/sound is out of sync. Video stutters, then speeds up like the computer took an ecstacy pill for 3 seconds.
Videos where, on the internet? DVD's? Be more specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
Idle temperature is always 60+ degrees celcius. Dont know if this is standard though.
Yes, that is standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
Swapping through for example facebook pictures if glitchy aswell. What happens here is that when i go the next picture in a gallery, a part of the previous picture blocks the new picture.
Safari has been having graphical artifacts, especially on the newer MBP's ever since version 6, apparently the webkit nightlys alleviate this, but I haven't tried them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
Text on some web pages is replaced with big white blocks. I guess it's when there's a flash text(?)
That usually occurs when the website's creator used a character set your computer does not have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolito View Post
And last, but not least - this retarded EFI update that ****ed up the whole computer. Making it unusable unless i dont shut it down and do a SMC reset.
Can't say anything about that, but I'd try getting mountain lion on that computer as a fresh install.



From what I gather, you bought a $2000 laptop to browse the web, and your only true gripe with the computer has to do with your crappy internet connection or glitches in safari which could be fixed by switching to firefox or chrome. Am I getting this right?
__________________
Early 2008 MBP 2.4Ghz Penryn, 4GB RAM, WD Scorpio Black
2012 MBP 2.6Ghz Ivy Bridge, 16GB RAM, 840EVO and 750GB Opti-bay
iPhone 3G, 16GB, Black
iPhone 4S, 32GB, Black
snaky69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:20 AM   #11
maxosx
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Since you seem quite dissatisfied, I'd give Apple a chance to make you happy.

Over the years I've had nothing but excellent experiences with customer service. Each time they've proven that they are very serious about taking care of the customer.

Remember they are staffed with humans who like us, are not perfect. You may need to escalate the case until you get to a decision maker.

It's just one of many reasons I remain very loyal to Apple.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to return the rMBP Barney63 MacBook Pro 17 May 2, 2014 01:08 PM
Would you return this rMBP KevinMHC MacBook Pro 30 Feb 2, 2013 10:41 AM
Should I return my rMBP 15 xPurpleblob MacBook Pro 12 Nov 26, 2012 07:14 PM
Frustrated (rMBP) Sweetleader MacBook Pro 14 Oct 30, 2012 03:06 AM
rMBP Return? perabear MacBook Pro 7 Aug 14, 2012 11:28 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC