Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:33 PM   #1
pmauro55
macrumors newbie

IPAD 2 LOCKED AND DISABLED will not restore

I bought a box of stuff from a police auction, inside was 1 IPAD gen1 and 2 IPAD Gen 2 and a macbook pro. I was able to fix the issues with all of the units except 1 iPad 2 16 gig which is locked and disabled. I have tried everything I know and all of the suggestions I could get and still the iPad will not restore. It powers on fine, shows the Apple logo and then goes to the main screen that says IPAD is Disabled connect to iTunes. Now since I did not initialize this iPad or sync it with my machine, it is not recognized, and when I start the unlock restore sequence it starts and completes the update and restore download and then says the download is corrupt and the restore fails. I don't know what else to do.
Sorry I know this has been posted a billion times, but this may be a little different.
pmauro55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Take the iPad and your police auction receipt to your nearest Apple store. Maybe they can help.

Nice box of goodies.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting