Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jman14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
I have been trying all night to import CDs into my iTunes. I keep getting "[Song Name] cannot be imported. You don't have privileges to do this"

I have followed instructions on changing permissions in iTunes and iTunes Music .

Any ideas on what this might take to get this? I can do it on my MacBook Pro and iMac no problems.

JohnnyComeLatly

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
Have you done anything particular to folder permissions lately? Have you ALWAYS been unable to import, or did this just start? are you remotely mounting a CD drive on another machine, or plugged in an external drive?

Jman14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
I have never tried until just last night. And it's through an external SuperDrive.

JohnnyComeLatly

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
What type of account(s) are set up on the MBA? Can you install apps, updates, etc?

It sounds like either a folder or user configuration problem. I think I've seen in the past iTunes has a "self heal" process that will fix libraries that have permissions all messed up, but I don't remember it clearly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.