Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I have photoshop cs6 installed on my mac. It is updated to 13.0.1 version.

I download the photoshop cs6 update from the official adobe site here
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5448
and here is what I see
errorro.jpg

I didn't find something useful using google.

Why I cannot update?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
First, try to run the update from the Help/Check for Updates menu. If that fails, it's probably simplest to deactivate, uninstall, and reinstall.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Did you read all of the instructions first? What version OS are you running and is it in 64 bit mode?

Here are the requirements and such from Adobe:
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

This update is applicable to all language versions of Photoshop CS6.
Mac OS X v10.6 64-bit - 10.8 64-bit

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

To install the Photoshop 13.0.4 update:
1. Disable all virus protection software.
2. Ensure that the folder on your hard drive containing Photoshop is named "Adobe Photoshop CS6."
3. Double-click the "AdobePatchInstaller" application. If the updater reports that it cannot find the application to update, uninstall Photoshop CS6, and then reinstall the application (using the default folder name "Adobe Photoshop CS6"). To uninstall Photoshop, navigate to the "Applications/Utilites/Adobe Installers" folder and run "Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS6" to remove the original installation of Photoshop. Once the removal is complete, reinstall Photoshop, and then run the updater.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

This updater will update only the retail version of Adobe Photoshop CS6 and not any prerelease (beta) versions. To confirm that the updater has run successfully, launch Photoshop and verify that the version number on the splash screen shows 13.0.4 and not 13.0.0. If it does not show 13.0.4, you may not have a retail version of Photoshop CS6. Contact your local Adobe retailer or visit the Adobe website to purchase one.

Note: I never go looking for updates. I have the Adobe Updater and it will tell me when something new is available.

Dale

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Lion 64bit is my osx.

Where is adobe updater?

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Lion 64bit is my osx.

Where is adobe updater?

Adobe Updater is an application that should have installed with your copy of PhotoShop. It automatically checks with Adobe and recommends updates to your installed products when they are available.

In PhotoShop Preferences/Plug-Ins "Allow Extension Manager to connect to the Internet" must be checked for it to work. When an update is available an Adobe style "A" will show in your menu bar with a number indicating how many updates are available.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.