Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
(I'm changing the question of this thread because the original has been solved ;) )

What kind of difference was there for people who geekbenched their 27" iMac before they installed extra RAM and after?

I ask because the difference I had was very minimal.

Last edited:

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Yeah, sorry about that. My mistake. I started to check that out before posting. Not sure what that is. It could be the ambient light sensor. Put your finger over it and see if the iMac's screen changes in brightness.

No that's the little thing next to the webcam at the top.

Has everyone else got this on their screen or could it be a really weird shaped mark I've somehow got on there?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
No that's the little thing next to the webcam at the top.

Has everyone else got this on their screen or could it be a really weird shaped mark I've somehow got on there?

That is the ambient light sensor.

imac-2011-light-sensor.jpg

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
That is the ambient light sensor.

I know.

It's really weird even with a magnifying glass I still can't identify it. It just seems like a small circle of discoloured pixles with a tiny circle of normal pixles in the middle.

Panic over, I've rubbed really hard and it came off HA HA just a perfect little circle perfectly placed mark.

Thanks guys and sorry. ha ha

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.