Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:20 AM   #1
DJTaurus
macrumors 6502a

LogMeIn (remove from menu bar)

Either it's turned on either off Logmein icon appears in the menu bar. I havent found any option at preferences in order to hide it/remove it from menu bar.....?
DJTaurus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:21 AM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
Either it's turned on either off Logmein icon appears in the menu bar. I havent found any option at preferences in order to hide it/remove it from menu bar.....?
Do you have LogMeIn installed and just want the icon removed, or have you uninstalled it and the icon remains?
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:33 PM   #3
DJTaurus
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Do you have LogMeIn installed and just want the icon removed, or have you uninstalled it and the icon remains?
The first.
DJTaurus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:37 PM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
The first.
I don't think LogMeIn offers that option.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:10 PM   #5
fhaddad
macrumors newbie

help please

help me please, I tried my best to do whatever I can do...I mean I installed logmein again and uninstalled it I did all what the different blogs and forums are saying I should do and the logmein never goes away from my menu bar
fhaddad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:20 PM   #6
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhaddad View Post
help me please, I tried my best to do whatever I can do...I mean I installed logmein again and uninstalled it I did all what the different blogs and forums are saying I should do and the logmein never goes away from my menu bar
The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:
Best way to FULLY DELETE a program
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:32 AM   #7
SHADO
macrumors 6502a

Bartender is a great app that hides unwanted menu bar icons under a single icon. I have 8 menu bar apps hidden with it.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:05 PM   #8
yensteel
macrumors regular

Would you be ok with making the menu item invisible?

I did a little digging and I think I've found a solution:

From Finder, go to this location by opening a new finder window and going to Go > Go to folder..., then paste this in the field.

/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/bin/LogMeInGUI.app/Contents/Resources

Then, delete lmi_mac_online and lmi_mac_offline.

Afterwards, restart your computer.
yensteel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 04:15 PM   #9
jurrel
macrumors newbie

i know this is a few months late, but i had the same problem and found the solution on the logmein website. Hope this helps for others who need the solution.

How do I uninstall LogMeIn for Mac?
On the Finder menu bar of your desktop, click Go > Applications.
Double-click LogMeIn. The LogMeIn toolkit is displayed.
On the About tab, click Uninstall.
Click Yes. Uninstallation of LogMeIn begins.
Note:
A reboot is recommended, but not required.

http://help.logmein.com/selfservicek...0000000DGFwCAO
Old Feb 2, 2013, 04:27 PM   #10
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrel View Post
i know this is a few months late, but i had the same problem and found the solution on the logmein website.
The solution for completely removing this and any other app is in post #6.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 02:43 PM   #11
grafit
macrumors newbie

Thanks jurrel

Thanks to Jurrel - his write up worked perfectly.
grafit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:54 AM   #12
wuijin
macrumors newbie

LogMeIn folder in "/Library/Application Support"

I tried to uninstall LogMeIn by moving the application files to the trash, as you are normally supposed to be able to do. However, I noticed that I was still seeing the LogMeIn icon in the menubar. When I would try to launch the control panel or anything else, I would get an error because the application files had already been deleted. By searching in Activity Monitor, I discovered a "LogMeIn menubar" process still running. That folder is found at "/Library/Application Support/". I simply found that in the finder and deleted it, thus solving my problem. Make sure to end the process through Activity Monitor first. Also, if you can't see the Library folder in Mavericks, you will need to make it visible. You can find the steps on Google easily.
wuijin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:52 AM   #13
wuijin
macrumors newbie

Use the LogMeIn uninstall option...

Turns out there are more services and features besides the menubar and the actual app that need to be uninstalled. What I ended up doing was reinstalling LogMeIn, and then using their uninstall feature. Open the "LogMeIn Control Panel", click on the "About" tab (in the control panel, not in the menu bar) and click on "Uninstall". Once I did that, everything is gone and I didn't even need to restart!
wuijin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2014, 05:31 PM   #14
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuijin View Post
Turns out there are more services and features besides the menubar and the actual app that need to be uninstalled. What I ended up doing was reinstalling LogMeIn, and then using their uninstall feature. Open the "LogMeIn Control Panel", click on the "About" tab (in the control panel, not in the menu bar) and click on "Uninstall". Once I did that, everything is gone and I didn't even need to restart!
If you had followed the instructions in post #6, it would have been completely removed.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 08:25 AM   #15
fhall1
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuijin View Post
I found this to be the easiest way after I started manually trashing things - I still missed something(s) and the menu bar icon remained. I ended up re-installing Logmein and then doing the uninstall from its control panel - worked great.
fhall1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store