Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ndmx52

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
G-Rap, Mi
The title says it all and I'm not sure why my applications keep quitting. It seems to be mail, finder, and safari the most.

Here is my set up. OSX 10.8.2 on a Late 2012 Mini 2.3GHz i7, Corsair 16GB RAM, Samsung 840 (non pro) 250GB SSD fused to the stock apple 1TB HDD. I've only had this set up for a few weeks.

Verified the disk.... everything is ok. I did end up downloading a copy of 10.8.2 from a link on here because I couldn't get the App Store to show it for me. Wondering if that might be the problem.

Any ideas?

Mojo1

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2011
Just a thought... Did you have these problems before you upgraded the RAM? You can try reinstalling the stock RAM and see if the apps behave normally.

It's unusual for stock Apple apps to quit unexpectedly.

Hopefully someone else with more knowledge about 10.8.2 update glitches will chime-in shortly...

ndmx52

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
G-Rap, Mi
I can't say it was doing it before. Only had the original RAM in there for about 24 hours or so. It actually got to the point that the system restarted after I got a fuzzy gray screen.

I ran the Apple Hardware Test (the quick one) and the Corsair came back fine. I turned it off and reset the RAM sticks. So far I haven't had anything quit since, maybe I just didn't have them in all the way. Fingers crossed that its done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.