Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bubsbubs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
Hi,
I'd like to sell my old MacPro which I don't use anymore. The specs are as follows:

Early 2008 Mac Pro (MacPro 3,1)
2 x 2.8 Quad core Intel Xeon Processors
6 GB Memory
2 x 500 GB HD space = 1 TB
Airport extreme card, bluetooth

I also have a 23" Apple LDC Monitor from 2008.

I was wondering what people on here would value this computer at and also the best method of selling. It's currently in the UK and I'll only be back there for two weeks so need to sell it quickly. Obviously thought about eBay but haven't sold anything on there before.

Many thanks in advance!

----------

oh.... it's in good condition and still have all the packaging!

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
For me....

the computer alone would be in the $700-850 range, tops. Add $300 if selling the monitor as a combo and please dont take offense, with reserves. Good care of the machine, and no cosmetic and functional issues can help in the price.

I will go the eBay route, but maybe you have to be willing to take a hit in the price you want for your items, to expedite the deal. Not sure about CL in the UK or something like that, but I am not willing to take a chance with scams. Still, some people had got good results outside eBay.And dont forget to take in account the shipping costs/fees.

:):apple:

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
You can check eBay for pricing but as for selling, I think I'd go the Craigslist route. I wouldn't want to have to deal with shipping and other eBay hassles. Also, you may get more money for each if you sell them separately. Meeting the buyer in person also allows them to test drive the machine. I did this for my MP in a Fedex Kinkos, which has the nifty benefit of video cameras.

If you run out of time and just want to get it over with, go the gazelle route.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.