Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Jeff Troiano
macrumors member

Creating a Lion Installer (Lion download no longer supported in App Store)

I've been having issue with ML (details in another thread).

I don't have access to Lion anymore, and the App Store is no longer supporting downloads for it. So doing the Option click method isn't working (at least for me).

I have a friend running a MBP with Lion installed. Is there a way to create a Lion installer, from her MBP?
Jeff Troiano is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:13 AM   #2
Ritsuka
macrumors regular

You can still download it from the App Store from the Purchased tab.
Ritsuka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:03 PM   #3
zaki
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
You can still download it from the App Store from the Purchased tab.
You can try what Ritsuka mentioned, or you can ask your friend to down load a trial copy of carbon copy cloner and make one.

That's how I was able to go back to Lion after I upgraded to ML.
zaki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:07 PM   #4
Jeff Troiano
macrumors member

Thanks for the help guys. Due to an older wifi card not being compatible with ML, I was having trouble installing ML (I won't say much more about that here, as it was,covered pretty well in a thread over in the Mac Pro area). I eventually learned remove the card, all is well.

Any ways, back to topic of this thread. I had been download Lion from the App Store. Along the line with my problems installing ML, I was able to install to an external drive. Once I did that, the App Store removed Lion from my purchases, and was telling me that it was no longer supported in the US store. I guess once you successfully upgrade, thy pull support for Lion from your account.

The reason I was trying to get it back, because at the time, ML wasn't seeing any internal hard drives (again, due to an older wifi card).

Since I've figured it out, all is once again well

I did however talk to an apple tech sup person, who told me if I needed to get Lion Back, I would have to take my MP to an apple store and the geek bench guys would handle it. As they offer free support for software.
Jeff Troiano is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 06:51 AM   #5
drsox
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Troiano View Post
I've been having issue with ML (details in another thread).

I don't have access to Lion anymore, and the App Store is no longer supporting downloads for it. So doing the Option click method isn't working (at least for me).

I have a friend running a MBP with Lion installed. Is there a way to create a Lion installer, from her MBP?
Try this : http://liondiskmaker.com
Old Feb 3, 2013, 07:11 AM   #6
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Troiano View Post
Thanks for the help guys. Due to an older wifi card not being compatible with ML, I was having trouble installing ML (I won't say much more about that here, as it was,covered pretty well in a thread over in the Mac Pro area). I eventually learned remove the card, all is well.

Any ways, back to topic of this thread. I had been download Lion from the App Store. Along the line with my problems installing ML, I was able to install to an external drive. Once I did that, the App Store removed Lion from my purchases, and was telling me that it was no longer supported in the US store. I guess once you successfully upgrade, thy pull support for Lion from your account.

The reason I was trying to get it back, because at the time, ML wasn't seeing any internal hard drives (again, due to an older wifi card).

Since I've figured it out, all is once again well

I did however talk to an apple tech sup person, who told me if I needed to get Lion Back, I would have to take my MP to an apple store and the geek bench guys would handle it. As they offer free support for software.
Apple MB363ZA/A AirPort Extreme Wireless Upgrade Kit for Mac Pro - $34.75. It comes in a box with an installation manual, DVD and two screws.

It works fine with Mountain Lion.

Last edited by Giuly; Feb 3, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion