Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paddy-black

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
have someone an idea for that fan problem? i changed my 1TB hdd into a 3TB seagate hdd, the problem is, after 2minutes i swiched the imac on, the fan goes on half a speed not full speed. i tried to bridge pin 2 & 7 of the sata power cabel, no go! any idea?

tu4thenguyen

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
It's the sensor. There's a few programs out there that will help with that. Try this one.

http://exirion.net/ssdfanctrl/

paddy-black

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
yeah, thanks for that! it works on os x but not on windows 7! i can put it on manual join windows but if i play a game or something the temperature goes higher and higher cause the fan is on manual. is there any other possibility

bellesouth

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
fan turns on using Java

My MacBookPro is usually very quiet, even with Netflix. However the fan revs into high gear when I'm on Pogo and playing a game using Java. I am not a techie, so please - speak English if you have some ideas of what can help. :D

I would really like to lower the noise level!

Thanks!

tu4thenguyen

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
yeah, thanks for that! it works on os x but not on windows 7! i can put it on manual join windows but if i play a game or something the temperature goes higher and higher cause the fan is on manual. is there any other possibility

is the windows 7 in parallel or bootcamp?

----------

My MacBookPro is usually very quiet, even with Netflix. However the fan revs into high gear when I'm on Pogo and playing a game using Java. I am not a techie, so please - speak English if you have some ideas of what can help. :D

I would really like to lower the noise level!

Thanks!
are you using a 13 or 15 mbp?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.