Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FixBrokeni

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Just curious as to how many iPhone 5 users have already cracked their screen, or damaged their device in any way. It's always interesting to hear about the overall sturdiness of the newest devices, and what they can endure.

Obviously one of the biggest problems with iPhones are cracked screens, but is anyone having any buttons failing, poor battery life, or something else?

I'd like to hear some good stories!

Wafflausages

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
I'm having some horrible debouncing issues from time to time with my sleep button. Battery is meh. Might go to the apple store tomorrow.

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
I have dropped it twice. Once from waist height - no issues. Not even a ding or a scuff.

Last night it dropped from less than 12" and the screen is completely shattered and the top right corner looks like it was hit with a hammer.

Both drops onto a tile floor. Go figure...

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
I have dropped it twice. Once from waist height - no issues. Not even a ding or a scuff.

Last night it dropped from less than 12" and the screen is completely shattered and the top right corner looks like it was hit with a hammer.

Both drops onto a tile floor. Go figure...

Your first drop likely setup the all out shatter for the second drop. (1st drop weakened the glass).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.