Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:45 AM   #51
Vegastouch
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaynard83 View Post
Same.

But I haven't heard anything that is a game changer yet. Just the normal run of the mill stuff. Faster. Better processor. Better camera. Meh.

I want to hear that killer feature that will make me want to upgrade. As it is I haven't heard a peep that has made me interested.

There has been no official word yet. Just some run of the mill rumor from a while ago. Even i dont believe the rumors right now til it is official from Samsung or a reliable source and i really dont even recall what the rumors were asside from a 4.99" screen and the overall size of the phone will be the same as the GS3, ...which i am hoping for. I also think it was mentioned to get Key Lime Pie.

Will have to wait for something more official.
Vegastouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:51 AM   #52
3bs
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegastouch View Post
There has been no official word yet. Just some run of the mill rumor from a while ago. Even i dont believe the rumors right now til it is official from Samsung or a reliable source and i really dont even recall what the rumors were asside from a 4.99" screen and the overall size of the phone will be the same as the GS3, ...which i am hoping for. I also think it was mentioned to get Key Lime Pie.

Will have to wait for something more official.
I think it's very unlikely that it'll get KLP before the Nexus devices. Seeing as they haven't yet I'd be willing to bet that the S4 will be released with 4.2.x because even after the Nexus devices get KLP Samsung will still have to do their thing with it.
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:00 PM   #53
Vegastouch
macrumors 601

Good point and another reason not to go with unofficial rumors. I havent really heard a lot about KLP either.
Vegastouch is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:19 AM   #54
Tulani
macrumors 6502

teaser

very tempting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Galaxy-S4-release-date1.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	394889  
Tulani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:36 AM   #55
Irishman
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
I wonder if samsung will have enough clout this time to leave carrier branding and bloatware off.
How much of what constitutes Touchwiz is demanded by carriers and not by Samsung?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
You gotta start fearing for apple given this overwhelming anticipation ....
The competition is healthy, certainly, which will make for better phones for everyone.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
Don't you think Samsung deserves respect? ....in as much as we like Apple

Don't look down on them so much
Hey, Samsung HAS earned my respect, and my dollars, in certain areas, with certain products. My High-Efficiency Steam Washer and Dryer? Samsung makes the best. My new 32" LED-LCD TV for downstairs? It was the best available in the budget and class.

They're doing a lot of good things in the phone space, but it's quite scattershot, and they lack the same focus they have in other categories.
Irishman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:40 AM   #56
Tulani
macrumors 6502

Sure they are and I am seeing myself giving them my dollars this time around for the S4 to sit alongside my iPhone
Tulani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:43 AM   #57

Cant wait for the S4
725032 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:20 AM   #58
Hls811
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Hls811 Send a message via Yahoo to Hls811
Quote:
Samsung, please please please get rid of the physical home button. That was a bizarre step backwards from capacitive buttons. Please.
I must be one of the few that likes a physical home button. I like the consistancy of knowing its there regardless of what app/game I may be in.

I can see why visually its not as nice as a virtual button but in practical usage I prefer to have it.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:03 AM   #59
onthecouchagain
Banned

Samsung may announce the Galaxy S IV on March 15

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...rch-15_id39507

"The Galaxy S IV is then expected to hit most European markets by the end of April, while the Americas, Australia and Africa are said to get it sometime in May or June - a two month delay similar to what we've observed with previous Galaxy S launches."

Production of Full HD AMOLED displays for the Samsung Galaxy S IV to be at full swing by the end of the month

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Produ...-month_id39504
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 05:33 PM   #60
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

I'm excited to see what it brings to the table and what it does for android in general. I bought a nexus 4 for a nice premium before they came back in stock and will be keeping it for a couple years. Samsung did a nice job with the S3. I see them everywhere and everyone I've talked to loves them. Nature UX looks pretty nice as well. The S4 should be a nice upgrade for S2 users coming out of contract. With all the fast dual cores and quads out, I'm not sure how much faster smart phones need to get. Software has some catching up to do first. That being said I'm sure I'll be drooling over whatever comes inside the S4 albeit already having nice specs in my N4. My only complaint is the battery. Hopefully 4.2.2 and/or 5.0 fixes some of that.
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:53 AM   #61
JaySoul
macrumors 65816

If it truly rocks, I will probably sell my iPhone 5 and get the S4.
JaySoul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:02 AM   #62
vikingjunior
macrumors 6502

http://bgr.com/2013/02/07/galaxy-s-iv-specs-non-touch-gesture-321500/

It just keeps getting better.
vikingjunior is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:21 PM   #63
The Game 161
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingjunior View Post

Wow..
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:30 PM   #64
sviato
macrumors 68000

Upgrade due in May, definitely want to try it out
sviato is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:34 PM   #65
superstarmc
macrumors regular

Upgrade due in september, so yes.
superstarmc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:36 PM   #66
matttye
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingjunior View Post

What is the benefit over simply touching the screen?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:48 PM   #67
bembol
macrumors 6502a

Me, no. LOL

I bought BlackBerry Z10 to tie me over until the S4 comes out.
bembol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:10 PM   #68
kevinof
macrumors 6502

finger marks ... or lack of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttye View Post
What is the benefit over simply touching the screen?
kevinof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:22 PM   #69
matttye
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinof View Post
finger marks ... or lack of.
Overkill IMO
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:33 PM   #70
maxosx
macrumors 68020

I've already decided to buy an S4, after the terrific long term experiences with my S3, Galaxy Nexus, Note II & Nexus 4 phones. Not perfect, yet nothing is, & Android 4.x.x has a great feature set, which just keeps getting better with each rev.

My greatest wish, is that the S4 is released very soon. Not just because I want one, but of even greater interest, to see if it delivers the swift kick in the ass, that it appears Apple needs.

I'd like nothing better than to see Apple bring the iPhone into the modern era with a properly sized display of suitable aspect ratio. Enough of this skinny long display which is a half measure. Give us something to get excited about. A phone that's spacious display is a joy to use.

It's well within Apples capability. With more money & sheer resources than any competitor, there's no excuse.

Time to bring it on, Apple. Now.
maxosx is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:03 PM   #71
tjl3
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
I'd like nothing better than to see Apple bring the iPhone into the modern era with a properly sized display of suitable aspect ratio. Enough of this skinny long display which is a half measure. Give us something to get excited about. A phone that's spacious display is a joy to use.
I hope you realize that the iPhone has the same aspect ratio as the GS3 and Note 2. There are a lot of people who complain that iPhone 5 is just a stretched skinny iPhone, but it's not like they stretched the screen to some awkward AR.
tjl3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:59 PM   #72
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjl3 View Post
I hope you realize that the iPhone has the same aspect ratio as the GS3 and Note 2. There are a lot of people who complain that iPhone 5 is just a stretched skinny iPhone, but it's not like they stretched the screen to some awkward AR.
I'm fully aware of the display characteristics of every current & most prior models for Android, iOS, & Windows Phones. Fact is the elongated iP5 that is in my hand has the least useable, most limiting display. That it doesn't matter to millions is largely twofold. They have no other experience therefore they don't know any better, or second, they just don't care.

Vanity influences the American way of life, thus it's what they're seen with that matters to them. One read in the forums here proves that.

I happen to truly like iPhones & Apple, that's why it matters to me. Just like the previously maligned iPad mini. Once it was real, all the worshipers changed their mind & proclaimed it outstanding.

One week with a modern sized (read larger) iPhone and they'd love it.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:56 PM   #73
onthecouchagain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
I'm fully aware of the display characteristics of every current & most prior models for Android, iOS, & Windows Phones. Fact is the elongated iP5 that is in my hand has the least useable, most limiting display. That it doesn't matter to millions is largely twofold. They have no other experience therefore they don't know any better, or second, they just don't care.

Vanity influences the American way of life, thus it's what they're seen with that matters to them. One read in the forums here proves that.

I happen to truly like iPhones & Apple, that's why it matters to me. Just like the previously maligned iPad mini. Once it was real, all the worshipers changed their mind & proclaimed it outstanding.

One week with a modern sized (read larger) iPhone and they'd love it.
One week?

The moment Apple announces it, they'll love it.

One might even argue before Apple's announcement... as credible leaks come out, the reconciliation and adaption begins.
onthecouchagain is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:47 PM   #74
Dmaynard83
macrumors 6502

Quote:
One week?

The moment Apple announces it, they'll love it.

One might even argue before Apple's announcement... as credible leaks come out, the reconciliation and adaption begins.
IMO I think apple does need to create different sizes because a phone is almost like a shoe size. Everyone has their own preference.

I would of probably switched to android but the single most reason is android OS is laggier.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RVDMO...%3DRVDMOP1pWCQ

Also they allow the carrier to bog the device with bloat ware.
Dmaynard83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:32 AM   #75
Vegastouch
macrumors 601

But, but....what about fragmentation?
Vegastouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices