Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benji21

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
LA
I was having a connection speed of 15 to 17MBPS and now since I have installed a new router, I'm getting 2 to 3MBPS. :/

What could of gone wrong? what do I need to check to hopefully get these speeds back up to what they were?

and I ge these speeds with wired and wireless.

Thanks,
benji

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
I was having a connection speed of 15 to 17MBPS and now since I have installed a new router, I'm getting 2 to 3MBPS. :/

What could of gone wrong? what do I need to check to hopefully get these speeds back up to what they were?

and I ge these speeds with wired and wireless.

Thanks,
benji

If you provide details of your setup people will have a better chance of assisting. Make/model, what bands are you running, how many devices and how are they linked together. What kind of distances you are operating across.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Could be anything. If you live in a condo or apartment you're probably fighting other routers signals. Other issues could be mirror, microwaves, and other things. I would see if there is a firmware updates, change the radio channels, and like the above comment, how close are you to the router?

benji21

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
LA
Okay, so I just plugged in the router that my service provided me and the speed is back up to it's norm. It doesn't like having a different router than the one I had.. weird.

Thanks to everyone who helped though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.