Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:48 PM   #1
mlibary
macrumors newbie

iOS PDF Reader navigating direction issue !!

Hi;

I'm using the open source PDF Reader v2.6.1 ( https://github.com/vfr/Reader).
In this source code, you can navigate between pages by swiping from Right to Left to go to the next page.
I just want to inverse the direction of the navigation to be from Left to Right.. which mean the user will swipe from left to right ( Like an Arabic book ).

Hope that my question is clear, thanks all in advance
mlibary is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:46 PM   #2
hollersoft
macrumors member

I believe this is non trivial. All that code assumes page numbers are 1-n from left to right. The scroll view contains three ReaderContentViews with coordinate systems set up assuming left to right page order. Each ReaderContentView uses the page number as the view tag. Switching to the next/previous page is done in ReaderViewController.scrollViewDidEndDecelerating I believe. In ReaderViewController.showDocumentPage there is a bunch of code that sets up the view coordinate systems (content offset) to carefully order them so scrolling works.

If you reversed the page order scheme you would have to reorder the thumbnails as well.

Can you achieve what you want just by editing the PDF (using Preview app or something) to reorder the pages, then start on the last page?
hollersoft is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:22 PM   #3
mlibary
macrumors newbie

iOS PDF Reader

Thank you..
It is a good idea !!
but still, I need to reverse the thumbnails.. and re-order them from right to left..

right ?!!
mlibary is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Hiban
macrumors newbie

Hi,

Were you able to solve for this?
Let me know if you were able to do so, it will be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlibary View Post
Thank you..
It is a good idea !!
but still, I need to reverse the thumbnails.. and re-order them from right to left..

right ?!!
Hiban is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming