Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
One of the first LuoPans I ever bought when studying Feng Shui with Asian Masters back in the early 90's. This one is a San He type, dealing with mountains and water forms.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
8438494153_38f13ce3ed_c.jpg

Short Eared Owl in Delta, BC, Canada by sunny jhooty, on Flickr

Wow. The only thing missing is a wink of its eye saying: 'Is this what you want, Mr. Photographer?"

jeremy h

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
UK
8438494153_38f13ce3ed_c.jpg

Wow. The only thing missing is a wink of its eye saying: 'Is this what you want, Mr. Photographer?"

Add another wow to that.

I've commented on these owl pics in the Jan pic of the day thread but I'm now beginning to wonder if you're all good friends with a taxidermist and have used a battery fan to add realism... ;)

The others in this thread are really good too but wow again for this one.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Great shots everyone! Here's a couple recent photos I did (Sorry if this breaks the 1 photo a day rule, just joined and would like to share :p

The Warmth by [jVillaPhoto], on Flickr

Vivian & Alex by [jVillaPhoto], on Flickr

Looks like a couple of shots that could grace the cover or lift-outs of a Ministry of Sound Chillout CD!

----------

Dirty Uniform

1/80
ƒ/2.2
ISO320
50 mm

Schtumple, your partner in crime here has a real Angus Young swagger going on! :cool:

----------

Charleston Park loving over False Creek | D7000, 50mm

Very nice capture NathanCH, love the simplicity of it.

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
I got a new car on Friday - a Chevy Volt. Usually I hate power lines, but in this case it seemed best to find as many as I could to be in the background.

Volt%202-3-2013-17-Edit-2-XL.jpg

sunnyj

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
I love seeing thoughtful architectural design features like this little bench by the doorway. :cool: Nice observation Doylem.
Sunny, this is my most favourite of yours thus far! Fantastic capture. :D
Great flight shot. The eye is very sharp. :)
Add another wow to that.
I've commented on these owl pics in the Jan pic of the day thread but I'm now beginning to wonder if you're all good friends with a taxidermist and have used a battery fan to add realism... ;)
The others in this thread are really good too but wow again for this one.
thanks guys:) this was my first time photographing birds and i was surprised at my success.

here's a sunrise photo over foggy downtown vancouver
8439461605_645932c580_c.jpg

Sunrise Over Foggy Downtown Vancouver in West Vancouver, BC, Canada by sunny jhooty, on Flickr

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
playing with a homemade snoot (a tube of cardboard) attached to my wireless flash with a rubber band, using it in conjunction with on camera flash... This is just the second time i've used my flash and so far it's been pretty painless. :rolleyes:

Great work with your snoot John...the lighting treatment works very well to hightlight the colours of the sunflower. One of these days I'll have to expand my horizons with flash photography. :eek:

Congrats on your owl shot sunnyj...probably the best I've seen. Your shot brings to mind a cruise missle.

I was out on the weekend and had a chance at an owl shot "in-flight". I ended up with a burst series of out of focus shrubs and one wing tip. :eek:

Mine for today...back to the desert in Death Valley California.

PHD_4046-XL.jpg

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Just a heads-up to all who enjoy the POTD thread...

firstapple has been kind enough to track the photo threads with a quick reference sticky. To make it easier to find the sticky, I've edited the original post for February 2013 to include the following:

** To see all of our past POTD threads please see the sticky thread here **

I think this should be done every month if there are no objections.

Thanks for the suggestion and for keeping track of the threads firstapple. :)

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC

…in this together by - PhotoSmith -, on Flickr

As shot.

1D Mark III, EF 50mm f/1.4 @ f/8

Click through for strobist info.

My photostream contains artistic nudity. (Granted, Flickr hides these photos containing 'moderate' and 'restricted' content if you do not have your filters set to show things rated other than 'safe,' or if you are not logged in, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.)

Puckman1

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2012
Been reading comics A LOT these past weeks so this was fitting

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8365/8445643726_9daa2a4155_c.jpg]Image[/url]
American Vampire by O.Taillon, on Flickr

Just finished reading that one myself. :) Love it.

Great shot! I never tire of seeing your B&W/female model shots. You seem to have an eye for it and there always seems to be some kind of story/mystery going on with most. I always find myself wondering "What are they doing?" or "Where are they?" when I see these...

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Great shot! I never tire of seeing your B&W/female model shots. You seem to have an eye for it and there always seems to be some kind of story/mystery going on with most. I always find myself wondering "What are they doing?" or "Where are they?" when I see these...

Cheers! Thanks for the comments. So far it's all been for fun so I aim to have fun on the shoots and whilst we have started getting themes and styles prepared for them there is never really any meaning so I suppose I ask the same questions myself!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.