Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james341

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello

I'm looking to buy a matte finish iPhone 5 sides protection to keep the felling of the iPhone 5.
Is there someone that can give me a recommend for inexpensive product ?
Also i need for the back of the iPhone but i need the 3 parts solution to also keep the beauty of the back matte finish and the clear glass finish.

I know SGP selling the incredible shied - but it cost 26$

thanks

Delta438

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Take a look at sticker_boy I orderer the back + sides protection

For the back, is it just the aluminum part or do they provide films for the top and bottom as well? Also, do you have a case on? I'm interested in getting it, but I'm afraid it might not be case friendly.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
For the back, is it just the aluminum part or do they provide films for the top and bottom as well? Also, do you have a case on? I'm interested in getting it, but I'm afraid it might not be case friendly.

You have both the middle version which only covers the aluminium and then one which covers everything. I believe it's case friendly, but obviously it will depend on the case.

Delta438

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
You have both the middle version which only covers the aluminium and then one which covers everything. I believe it's case friendly, but obviously it will depend on the case.

Thanks! By the way, do you know if I'm entitled to the 2 complimentary top and bottom back pieces for buying the matte protection? The layout of the site is really confusing.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
Thanks! By the way, do you know if I'm entitled to the 2 complimentary top and bottom back pieces for buying the matte protection? The layout of the site is really confusing.

Yeah I know... No clue about the 2 complimentary ones, haven't received mine as well

Delta438

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Yeah I know... No clue about the 2 complimentary ones, haven't received mine as well

I think you had to add it to your cart before you checked out. It shows it costs $0. I know you get it for sure if you order it along with one of the two-toned full body skins, but I'm not sure if it applies to the transparent ones. I'll drop them an email and let you know.

Delta438

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012

"The Complimentary is only for ones who purchase 2 tone kits. In your case if you order the mid back the upper and lowers will have to be purchased separately."

I'm guessing that means the clear films aren't entitled to the complimentary skins. I might buy the top and bottom stealth black though, looks pretty slick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.