Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:32 AM   #26
C DM
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrannosaurus View Post
This removes the birthdays from notification center.
It removes notifications of those birthdays, at least it should (which is what the particular question seemed to be about).
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 07:30 PM   #27
OxyMoron
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
It removes notifications of those birthdays, at least it should (which is what the particular question seemed to be about).
Question, though: wouldn't that remove *all* birthday notifications? I don't want that. I need the notifications for the birthday entries I've created myself in Contacts. I don't want the notifications for the birthday entries Facebook created for me.

I also want FB to be able to access my calendar for events. But I don't want FB birthdays. I'm hoping that barring FB from my contact list will do the trick.
OxyMoron is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:37 PM   #28
Lacemaker427
macrumors member

Location: Small town; it sits on a postage stamp <> rather messy when it gets licked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maplaw View Post
Ok so if you still use Facebook and you want to hide birthdays all of your responses are able to do this.
I have deleted all of the content in my Facebook account including I friending everyone and then sent the request to delete my account, I had my Facebook account since 2008 and over 300 friends. So my account has now completed the 14 days to completely delete what ever is left of my data on Facebook. Which was only my name. My problem is I still have the birthday data on my iPad I don't want to switch it off I want it deleted. This is the exact reason for getting off Facebook we have totally lost control of our ability to chose what we want to look at.
PLEASE HELP

From Lacemaker427 on 2/13/13 @ 1637:

Go to the iOS Settings App, scroll down the first page until you find Facebook, Twitter, and any other yackity-yack social crap that (like me) you've joined. Slide the switch off on Contacts and Calendar! Facebook becomes restricted to Facebook again! The problem was that updating to iOS 6 gave FB tacit approval to climb in to my iPod and do as it pleased! 400 online searches later, I was sent to Utilitap's site (best calendar ever, Week Calendar). They had the instructions. I'm so happy to be free of FB that I also d/c'd my account. So, 2 hours, a dozen broken glasses, and 6 popped veins in my brain later, and I'm free of stinking Facebook,...FOREVER!
Lacemaker427 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 03:39 PM   #29
jimt29
macrumors newbie

Thanks

After following 3 suggestions, I think the Facebook birthdays are gone from my calendar and notification center.

Thanks to all posters. I really appreciate the advice.
jimt29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6