Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:50 PM   #1
micrors4racer
macrumors 6502

External drives unmounting by themselves

I have 2 G-Tech drives daisy chained into each other then to the FW800 port on my thunderbolt display which is connected to my Macbook Air. Sometimes when transferring large files they suddenly unmount and I get the warning that I should properly unmount the drives. It is not a connection issue as I have tried various Firewire cables. Nor is it a drive issue as I have seen it happen on both drives whether or not they are connected as a single drive or daisy chained and they work fine otherwise. This has probably happened about 5 times already in the last couple of months and I am worried that it will corrupt my data. Anyone know why this is happening?
micrors4racer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals