Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 3, 2013, 07:34 PM   #1
saporiti
macrumors regular

What's wrong?

Okey guys, long story short:

I have a MBP and an iPhone 5. On both of my devices I have 3 "indicators" of my own, I mean, my accounts or things: my email, my phone number and my cloud mail.

Basically, I had to do an Erase iPhone from iCloud because I thought I lost it, but then ended up finding it. It was restored, so just putt back the last backup I had, and connected it again with my cloud and apple ID. However, now my phone number that used to be part of my things on my apple ID looks like its not no more.

For example: I have iMessage on both on MBP and iPhone, and my gf texts me from her iPhone also with iMessage on, and I just get it on the iPhone not on the MBP.

If I text her from iMessage on my MBP, the sender on her phone shows up my email. If I text her from iMessage on my iPhone, the sender on her phone shows up my phone number.

Before the restore erase etc., none of this happened. Could really use some help.

Thanks in advance!

saporiti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 09:22 PM   #2
Consultant
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saporiti View Post
Okey guys, long story short:

I have a MBP and an iPhone 5. On both of my devices I have 3 "indicators" of my own, I mean, my accounts or things: my email, my phone number and my cloud mail.

Basically, I had to do an Erase iPhone from iCloud because I thought I lost it, but then ended up finding it. It was restored, so just putt back the last backup I had, and connected it again with my cloud and apple ID. However, now my phone number that used to be part of my things on my apple ID looks like its not no more.

For example: I have iMessage on both on MBP and iPhone, and my gf texts me from her iPhone also with iMessage on, and I just get it on the iPhone not on the MBP.

If I text her from iMessage on my MBP, the sender on her phone shows up my email. If I text her from iMessage on my iPhone, the sender on her phone shows up my phone number.

Before the restore erase etc., none of this happened. Could really use some help.

Thanks in advance!
Your iPhone 5 is under warranty, contact Apple for support: http://www.apple.com/support/
Consultant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 09:44 PM   #3
saporiti
macrumors regular

But everything is fine with my iPhone 5 mate, I think it's just related to my apple id and to the fact that I erased it from it, and I set it up again.

Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:20 PM   #4
Stooby Mcdoobie
macrumors 6502a

Did you make sure iMessage is turned on in the settings?

Thumb resize.
Stooby Mcdoobie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:49 AM   #5
saporiti
macrumors regular

Yes. Lol

Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:48 PM   #6
bigMAC28
macrumors member

I had the same issue when i had my 4. Once I updated to my 5 it was fixed. Probably a software issue.
bigMAC28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help