Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:56 PM   #51
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030
 
HazyCloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Here's a couple pics of the charcoal Nedrelow Sleeve I just received today. I really like the simplicity of it. (Sorry for the poor lighting.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	394158   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	394159  
__________________
If you have a question about my post, quote me so I am notified and can easily reply to you.
HazyCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:01 PM   #52
TimUSCA
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I bought a Rickshaw sleeve and absolutely love it. Totally customizable and made in the US.

http://www.rickshawbags.com/customiz...tion/ipad-mini
TimUSCA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:55 PM   #53
Theorize
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Here's a couple pics of the charcoal Nedrelow Sleeve I just received today. I really like the simplicity of it. (Sorry for the poor lighting.)
Hello! How does the iPad fit without the smartcover?
Theorize is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:22 PM   #54
TyPod
macrumors 68000
 
TyPod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: And Yourself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Here's a couple pics of the charcoal Nedrelow Sleeve I just received today. I really like the simplicity of it. (Sorry for the poor lighting.)
Looks great! Love how all the colors flow.
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:52 PM   #55
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030
 
HazyCloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorize View Post
Hello! How does the iPad fit without the smartcover?
Very well. When ordering you can specify if you want one with or without a Smart Cover as they are made to order. I got the one fit for a SC as I use it as keyboard stand all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyPod View Post
Looks great! Love how all the colors flow.
Thanks. I figured the charcoal would look good with my dark gray SC and black iPad mini and I was right. I have another gray sleeve I purchased on Etsy, but I think this one will get more use.
__________________
If you have a question about my post, quote me so I am notified and can easily reply to you.
HazyCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:49 PM   #56
phonewentwest
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Just received the stm d7 jacket/sleeve today.

So far loving it. It has plenty of room for the mini with Smart Cover and switcheasy coverbuddy. Has room for an even thicker case too I think but it's not overly large. Has a couple small pockets and a shoulder strap if your into that.

Hazy... Totally missed your message about your sleeve but thanks anyway!
phonewentwest is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:00 PM   #57
Macgeek1
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrad View Post
+2 for Saddleback. There's noone even matching the leather quality of these guys. You have to pay quite a bit for it though.
-1 for Saddleback,
Honestly their stuff isn't made in America, and their leather
is ok quality imo. I'd rather support a handmade leather craftsman,
not one that sources their stuff to factories in china
Macgeek1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:38 PM   #58
Nimrad
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgeek1 View Post
-1 for Saddleback,
Honestly their stuff isn't made in America, and their leather
is ok quality imo. I'd rather support a handmade leather craftsman,
not one that sources their stuff to factories in china
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Their stuff is made in Mexico, and that's where it all started. It's handcrafted by the second best leather available and they give you 100 years warranty on it. I've never seen anybody do it better and I've really looked around.
Nimrad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:28 PM   #59
ZipZap
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfeller View Post
Hi all -
New user here... my husband and I run ReFleece, and y'all have been talking about our sleeves. Thanks for your kind words about our little company. To answer the questions: our sleeves are made for naked iPads OR to fit the Smart Cover. Same with the minis. They are made from used Patagonia jackets, cleaned, cut and pressed into recycled felt. Super lightweight, water resistant, and soft on the inside. And the colors are original, so no new dyes are used to make them. www.refleece.com. Thanks, and hope you like them!
Got my dark gray/red. Really like it. Very good quality.
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:42 PM   #60
maxosx
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkmxkmxlmx View Post
Waterfield all the way. These things are A-class for sure.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/ipad-cases.php

I have the simple slip case. They make them in a couple different sizes (bare mini, or smart covered mini). They are snug. Perfect for travel. And the inside is SUPER soft and actually cleans the iPad when as you push and pull it out.
I've been using Waterfield sleeves & bags for years. Besides being a very precise fit, the very high quality materials, design & construction equal years of use while looking good as new. It's a great company that provides the same excellent customer service as Apple.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisey View Post
These are kind of cool: http://www.refleece.com/products/ipad-mini-sleeve. Made from recycled Patagonia jackets.

Image
Wow! It's the exact same color as my favorite Patagonia I had for years.

Finally replaced it six months ago, I must say it looks great on you're iPad
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:16 PM   #61
viewfly
macrumors 65816
 
viewfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewfly View Post
I just ordered this sleeve. Looks pretty nice. One reviewer says it fits a hard shell back cover. I may try using with sticker boy back skin.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A0G...177704&sr=8-10
Got this mini sleeve in. Looks very nice for the price! I think this will work for me.
viewfly is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:50 AM   #62
somnambulist
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Yup I can recommend a sleeve but it's intended for a regular-sized iPad but will surely fit the mini.

It might wiggle around a little bit but will keep your mini protected snuggly on the front, back, and sides....kind of like being inside a pouch of a kangaroo lol

It's called the Sereno!
somnambulist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:26 PM   #63
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040
 
rockyroad55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phila, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrad View Post
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Their stuff is made in Mexico, and that's where it all started. It's handcrafted by the second best leather available and they give you 100 years warranty on it. I've never seen anybody do it better and I've really looked around.
A nice leather sleeve is also made by The Leather Shop
__________________
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.
rockyroad55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:52 PM   #64
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisey View Post
These are kind of cool: http://www.refleece.com/products/ipad-mini-sleeve. Made from recycled Patagonia jackets.

Image
Nice! I tend to like these types of sleeves better. Good price as well, going to order one.
cheapa55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 03:29 PM   #65
prisoner6
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisey View Post
These are kind of cool: http://www.refleece.com/products/ipad-mini-sleeve. Made from recycled Patagonia jackets.

Image
I bought one of these and couldn't be happier, it was exactly what I wanted. I also bought one of the Nedrelow sleeves. I much prefer the one form Refleece. My Nedrelow will be headed to eBay.
prisoner6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:10 AM   #66
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoner6 View Post
I bought one of these and couldn't be happier, it was exactly what I wanted. I also bought one of the Nedrelow sleeves. I much prefer the one form Refleece. My Nedrelow will be headed to eBay.
Thanks! Good to know. I was actually also considering the Nedrelow. I'll post a review when my refleece arrives.
cheapa55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:52 PM   #67
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
So I finally took some time to take a couple of pictures of the new Refleece iPad sleeve.

I already have a similar sleeve but I was looking for something new that I could just put the iPad in when in transport. I like using my iPad semi naked (I protect it with powersupport front and a sticker boy back film) and I didn't want anything like a TPU case or other similar cases that would make the iPad mini bulky.

First impression is that the case is made of high quality and it is well thought out. I love the concept of using recycled material. I would have never guessed that the sleeve was once a jacket or other fleece material. It's very light, clean and simple. There is a small flap with a plastic snap. I really like this option compared to my other sleeve which uses a metal snap. I am confident that nothing on this sleeve will scratch my iPad.

The sleeve has a good snug fit. It is also designed to work with the smart cover so that is a plus. When the iPad is in the sleeve, it still does not add much bulk and it's easy to carry around and throw it in my bag for work or travel. I would not be worried if I dropped my iPad while in the sleeve. There is enough protection there that the iPad should no suffer any damage.

Overall I'm very happy with the sleeve and the price is much more affordable than other similar sleeves out there. I hope they start making something similar for the macbooks and iPhone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad mini Refleece 1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	840.6 KB
ID:	402593   Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad mini Refleece 2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	394.5 KB
ID:	402594   Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad mini Refleece 3.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	801.5 KB
ID:	402595  

Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad mini Refleece 4.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	769.4 KB
ID:	402596  
cheapa55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:42 PM   #68
ZipZap
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapa55 View Post
So I finally took some time to take a couple of pictures of the new Refleece iPad sleeve.

I already have a similar sleeve but I was looking for something new that I could just put the iPad in when in transport. I like using my iPad semi naked (I protect it with powersupport front and a sticker boy back film) and I didn't want anything like a TPU case or other similar cases that would make the iPad mini bulky.

First impression is that the case is made of high quality and it is well thought out. I love the concept of using recycled material. I would have never guessed that the sleeve was once a jacket or other fleece material. It's very light, clean and simple. There is a small flap with a plastic snap. I really like this option compared to my other sleeve which uses a metal snap. I am confident that nothing on this sleeve will scratch my iPad.

The sleeve has a good snug fit. It is also designed to work with the smart cover so that is a plus. When the iPad is in the sleeve, it still does not add much bulk and it's easy to carry around and throw it in my bag for work or travel. I would not be worried if I dropped my iPad while in the sleeve. There is enough protection there that the iPad should no suffer any damage.

Overall I'm very happy with the sleeve and the price is much more affordable than other similar sleeves out there. I hope they start making something similar for the macbooks and iPhone.
I agree, I really like this sleeve as well. Way more flexible.
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:12 AM   #69
P0stalTek
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfeller View Post
Hi all -
New user here... my husband and I run ReFleece, and y'all have been talking about our sleeves. Thanks for your kind words about our little company. To answer the questions: our sleeves are made for naked iPads OR to fit the Smart Cover. Same with the minis. They are made from used Patagonia jackets, cleaned, cut and pressed into recycled felt. Super lightweight, water resistant, and soft on the inside. And the colors are original, so no new dyes are used to make them. www.refleece.com. Thanks, and hope you like them!
I do not see an option for Smart Cover. I actually have a versa cover which is a thin back protection with a Smart Cover like front. Will your sleeves work with that? Do I need to put the information about Smart Cover size in the special instructions area while ordering?
__________________
2011 15" MacBook Pro, i7, 16GB, 256GB Crucial SSD * 2011 11" Macbook Air, 4GB, 128GB
Freed iPhone 5S 32GB * iPad Mini 16GB * 2011 Mac Mini HTPC, 8GB * Airport Extreme
P0stalTek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:59 PM   #70
joshi3joshi
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapa55 View Post
So I finally took some time to take a couple of pictures of the new Refleece iPad sleeve.

I already have a similar sleeve but I was looking for something new that I could just put the iPad in when in transport. I like using my iPad semi naked (I protect it with powersupport front and a sticker boy back film) and I didn't want anything like a TPU case or other similar cases that would make the iPad mini bulky.

First impression is that the case is made of high quality and it is well thought out. I love the concept of using recycled material. I would have never guessed that the sleeve was once a jacket or other fleece material. It's very light, clean and simple. There is a small flap with a plastic snap. I really like this option compared to my other sleeve which uses a metal snap. I am confident that nothing on this sleeve will scratch my iPad.

The sleeve has a good snug fit. It is also designed to work with the smart cover so that is a plus. When the iPad is in the sleeve, it still does not add much bulk and it's easy to carry around and throw it in my bag for work or travel. I would not be worried if I dropped my iPad while in the sleeve. There is enough protection there that the iPad should no suffer any damage.

Overall I'm very happy with the sleeve and the price is much more affordable than other similar sleeves out there. I hope they start making something similar for the macbooks and iPhone.
really appreciate the review and pics! I am looking forward to getting my case today, just ordered one today. How long did shipping take for you? And also, do you think a smart cover on my mini would still fit in the Refleece case?
joshi3joshi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 04:31 PM   #71
frankchen855
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandrews View Post
Here's my Nedrelow Sleeve
Attachment 392149
Attachment 392150
Attachment 392151
Attachment 392152
Simple, not too expensive, natural, looks great.
Perfect for my needs.
Nice sleeve. Would it fit the ipad mini WITH a keyboard attached to it?
frankchen855 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 06:15 PM   #72
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshi3joshi View Post
really appreciate the review and pics! I am looking forward to getting my case today, just ordered one today. How long did shipping take for you? And also, do you think a smart cover on my mini would still fit in the Refleece case?
The smart cover will definitely fit in the refleece case. They also advertise it as fitting the smart cover so there should be no problem there. The shipping to me took almost a week I think but it came from the east coast and I'm in CA.
cheapa55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:35 PM   #73
joshi3joshi
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapa55 View Post
The smart cover will definitely fit in the refleece case. They also advertise it as fitting the smart cover so there should be no problem there. The shipping to me took almost a week I think but it came from the east coast and I'm in CA.
Cool, thanks for the info! I'm in CA too, so guess I'll have to wait about a week. I had trouble deciding between charcoal/red and charcoal/deep blue, but after looking at your pictures again and again, I decided to go with red just because it really looks nice.

I have one last question, what is the material like on the inside where the screen is touching? I'm guessing its not microfiber, but just hoping that it's some kind of felt that won't scratch the ipad screen over time.
joshi3joshi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:20 PM   #74
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshi3joshi View Post
Cool, thanks for the info! I'm in CA too, so guess I'll have to wait about a week. I had trouble deciding between charcoal/red and charcoal/deep blue, but after looking at your pictures again and again, I decided to go with red just because it really looks nice.

I have one last question, what is the material like on the inside where the screen is touching? I'm guessing its not microfiber, but just hoping that it's some kind of felt that won't scratch the ipad screen over time.
They call it a new kind of felt. It's recycled fleece. It's soft and I doubt it would scratch the iPad. It feels like it polishes my iPad every time I put it in and take it out. I think you made a good choice in the color. I love mine.
cheapa55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:29 PM   #75
geetooeasy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
I didn't think a sleeve was necessary either but I think I need it for my keyboard now
geetooeasy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini: Best iPad Mini Sleeve in U.K.? MattDatt iPad Accessories 0 May 8, 2014 07:44 PM
iPad Mini: iPad Mini Sleeve bduvinmac iPad Accessories 2 Nov 20, 2012 10:36 PM
iPhone 5 case/sleeve to match iPad/iPad Mini Product Red Smart Cover? Noisemaker iPhone Accessories 0 Nov 6, 2012 08:48 PM
iPad mini Sleeve - like Grab iPad Folio by hard graft h1kar1 iPad Accessories 0 Oct 28, 2012 11:16 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC