Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:56 PM   #51
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Here's a couple pics of the charcoal Nedrelow Sleeve I just received today. I really like the simplicity of it. (Sorry for the poor lighting.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	394158   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	394159  
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:01 PM   #52
TimUSCA
macrumors 6502

I bought a Rickshaw sleeve and absolutely love it. Totally customizable and made in the US.

http://www.rickshawbags.com/customiz...tion/ipad-mini
TimUSCA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:55 PM   #53
Theorize
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Here's a couple pics of the charcoal Nedrelow Sleeve I just received today. I really like the simplicity of it. (Sorry for the poor lighting.)
Hello! How does the iPad fit without the smartcover?
Theorize is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:22 PM   #54
TyPod
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Looks great! Love how all the colors flow.
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:52 PM   #55
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorize View Post
Hello! How does the iPad fit without the smartcover?
Very well. When ordering you can specify if you want one with or without a Smart Cover as they are made to order. I got the one fit for a SC as I use it as keyboard stand all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyPod View Post
Looks great! Love how all the colors flow.
Thanks. I figured the charcoal would look good with my dark gray SC and black iPad mini and I was right. I have another gray sleeve I purchased on Etsy, but I think this one will get more use.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:49 PM   #56
phonewentwest
macrumors regular

Just received the stm d7 jacket/sleeve today.

So far loving it. It has plenty of room for the mini with Smart Cover and switcheasy coverbuddy. Has room for an even thicker case too I think but it's not overly large. Has a couple small pockets and a shoulder strap if your into that.

Hazy... Totally missed your message about your sleeve but thanks anyway!
phonewentwest is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:00 PM   #57
Macgeek1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrad View Post
+2 for Saddleback. There's noone even matching the leather quality of these guys. You have to pay quite a bit for it though.
-1 for Saddleback,
Honestly their stuff isn't made in America, and their leather
is ok quality imo. I'd rather support a handmade leather craftsman,
not one that sources their stuff to factories in china
Macgeek1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:38 PM   #58
Nimrad
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgeek1 View Post
-1 for Saddleback,
Honestly their stuff isn't made in America, and their leather
is ok quality imo. I'd rather support a handmade leather craftsman,
not one that sources their stuff to factories in china
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Their stuff is made in Mexico, and that's where it all started. It's handcrafted by the second best leather available and they give you 100 years warranty on it. I've never seen anybody do it better and I've really looked around.
Nimrad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:28 PM   #59
ZipZap
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfeller View Post
Hi all -
New user here... my husband and I run ReFleece, and y'all have been talking about our sleeves. Thanks for your kind words about our little company. To answer the questions: our sleeves are made for naked iPads OR to fit the Smart Cover. Same with the minis. They are made from used Patagonia jackets, cleaned, cut and pressed into recycled felt. Super lightweight, water resistant, and soft on the inside. And the colors are original, so no new dyes are used to make them. www.refleece.com. Thanks, and hope you like them!
Got my dark gray/red. Really like it. Very good quality.
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:42 PM   #60
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkmxkmxlmx View Post
Waterfield all the way. These things are A-class for sure.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/ipad-cases.php

I have the simple slip case. They make them in a couple different sizes (bare mini, or smart covered mini). They are snug. Perfect for travel. And the inside is SUPER soft and actually cleans the iPad when as you push and pull it out.
I've been using Waterfield sleeves & bags for years. Besides being a very precise fit, the very high quality materials, design & construction equal years of use while looking good as new. It's a great company that provides the same excellent customer service as Apple.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisey View Post
These are kind of cool: http://www.refleece.com/products/ipad-mini-sleeve. Made from recycled Patagonia jackets.

Wow! It's the exact same color as my favorite Patagonia I had for years.

Finally replaced it six months ago, I must say it looks great on you're iPad
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:16 PM   #61
viewfly
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewfly View Post
I just ordered this sleeve. Looks pretty nice. One reviewer says it fits a hard shell back cover. I may try using with sticker boy back skin.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A0G...177704&sr=8-10
Got this mini sleeve in. Looks very nice for the price! I think this will work for me.
viewfly is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:50 AM   #62
somnambulist
macrumors newbie

Yup I can recommend a sleeve but it's intended for a regular-sized iPad but will surely fit the mini.

It might wiggle around a little bit but will keep your mini protected snuggly on the front, back, and sides....kind of like being inside a pouch of a kangaroo lol

It's called the Sereno!
somnambulist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:26 PM   #63
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrad View Post
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Their stuff is made in Mexico, and that's where it all started. It's handcrafted by the second best leather available and they give you 100 years warranty on it. I've never seen anybody do it better and I've really looked around.
A nice leather sleeve is also made by The Leather Shop
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:52 PM   #64
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
These are kind of cool: http://www.refleece.com/products/ipad-mini-sleeve. Made from recycled Patagonia jackets.

Nice! I tend to like these types of sleeves better. Good price as well, going to order one.
cheapa55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 03:29 PM   #65
prisoner6
macrumors member

Quote:

I bought one of these and couldn't be happier, it was exactly what I wanted. I also bought one of the Nedrelow sleeves. I much prefer the one form Refleece. My Nedrelow will be headed to eBay.
prisoner6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:10 AM   #66
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoner6 View Post
I bought one of these and couldn't be happier, it was exactly what I wanted. I also bought one of the Nedrelow sleeves. I much prefer the one form Refleece. My Nedrelow will be headed to eBay.
Thanks! Good to know. I was actually also considering the Nedrelow. I'll post a review when my refleece arrives.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:52 PM   #67
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

So I finally took some time to take a couple of pictures of the new Refleece iPad sleeve.

I already have a similar sleeve but I was looking for something new that I could just put the iPad in when in transport. I like using my iPad semi naked (I protect it with powersupport front and a sticker boy back film) and I didn't want anything like a TPU case or other similar cases that would make the iPad mini bulky.

First impression is that the case is made of high quality and it is well thought out. I love the concept of using recycled material. I would have never guessed that the sleeve was once a jacket or other fleece material. It's very light, clean and simple. There is a small flap with a plastic snap. I really like this option compared to my other sleeve which uses a metal snap. I am confident that nothing on this sleeve will scratch my iPad.

The sleeve has a good snug fit. It is also designed to work with the smart cover so that is a plus. When the iPad is in the sleeve, it still does not add much bulk and it's easy to carry around and throw it in my bag for work or travel. I would not be worried if I dropped my iPad while in the sleeve. There is enough protection there that the iPad should no suffer any damage.

Overall I'm very happy with the sleeve and the price is much more affordable than other similar sleeves out there. I hope they start making something similar for the macbooks and iPhone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	iPad mini Refleece 1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	840.6 KB
ID:	402593   Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad mini Refleece 2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	394.5 KB
ID:	402594   Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad mini Refleece 3.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	801.5 KB
ID:	402595  

Name:	iPad mini Refleece 4.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	769.4 KB
ID:	402596  
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:42 PM   #68
ZipZap
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapa55 View Post
So I finally took some time to take a couple of pictures of the new Refleece iPad sleeve.

I already have a similar sleeve but I was looking for something new that I could just put the iPad in when in transport. I like using my iPad semi naked (I protect it with powersupport front and a sticker boy back film) and I didn't want anything like a TPU case or other similar cases that would make the iPad mini bulky.

First impression is that the case is made of high quality and it is well thought out. I love the concept of using recycled material. I would have never guessed that the sleeve was once a jacket or other fleece material. It's very light, clean and simple. There is a small flap with a plastic snap. I really like this option compared to my other sleeve which uses a metal snap. I am confident that nothing on this sleeve will scratch my iPad.

The sleeve has a good snug fit. It is also designed to work with the smart cover so that is a plus. When the iPad is in the sleeve, it still does not add much bulk and it's easy to carry around and throw it in my bag for work or travel. I would not be worried if I dropped my iPad while in the sleeve. There is enough protection there that the iPad should no suffer any damage.

Overall I'm very happy with the sleeve and the price is much more affordable than other similar sleeves out there. I hope they start making something similar for the macbooks and iPhone.
I agree, I really like this sleeve as well. Way more flexible.
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:12 AM   #69
P0stalTek
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfeller View Post
Hi all -
New user here... my husband and I run ReFleece, and y'all have been talking about our sleeves. Thanks for your kind words about our little company. To answer the questions: our sleeves are made for naked iPads OR to fit the Smart Cover. Same with the minis. They are made from used Patagonia jackets, cleaned, cut and pressed into recycled felt. Super lightweight, water resistant, and soft on the inside. And the colors are original, so no new dyes are used to make them. www.refleece.com. Thanks, and hope you like them!
I do not see an option for Smart Cover. I actually have a versa cover which is a thin back protection with a Smart Cover like front. Will your sleeves work with that? Do I need to put the information about Smart Cover size in the special instructions area while ordering?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:59 PM   #70
joshi3joshi
macrumors regular

Quote:

really appreciate the review and pics! I am looking forward to getting my case today, just ordered one today. How long did shipping take for you? And also, do you think a smart cover on my mini would still fit in the Refleece case?
joshi3joshi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 04:31 PM   #71
frankchen855
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandrews View Post
Here's my Nedrelow Sleeve
Attachment 392149
Attachment 392150
Attachment 392151
Attachment 392152
Simple, not too expensive, natural, looks great.
Perfect for my needs.
Nice sleeve. Would it fit the ipad mini WITH a keyboard attached to it?
frankchen855 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 06:15 PM   #72
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshi3joshi View Post
really appreciate the review and pics! I am looking forward to getting my case today, just ordered one today. How long did shipping take for you? And also, do you think a smart cover on my mini would still fit in the Refleece case?
The smart cover will definitely fit in the refleece case. They also advertise it as fitting the smart cover so there should be no problem there. The shipping to me took almost a week I think but it came from the east coast and I'm in CA.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:35 PM   #73
joshi3joshi
macrumors regular

Quote:
The smart cover will definitely fit in the refleece case. They also advertise it as fitting the smart cover so there should be no problem there. The shipping to me took almost a week I think but it came from the east coast and I'm in CA.
Cool, thanks for the info! I'm in CA too, so guess I'll have to wait about a week. I had trouble deciding between charcoal/red and charcoal/deep blue, but after looking at your pictures again and again, I decided to go with red just because it really looks nice.

I have one last question, what is the material like on the inside where the screen is touching? I'm guessing its not microfiber, but just hoping that it's some kind of felt that won't scratch the ipad screen over time.
joshi3joshi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:20 PM   #74
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshi3joshi View Post
Cool, thanks for the info! I'm in CA too, so guess I'll have to wait about a week. I had trouble deciding between charcoal/red and charcoal/deep blue, but after looking at your pictures again and again, I decided to go with red just because it really looks nice.

I have one last question, what is the material like on the inside where the screen is touching? I'm guessing its not microfiber, but just hoping that it's some kind of felt that won't scratch the ipad screen over time.
They call it a new kind of felt. It's recycled fleece. It's soft and I doubt it would scratch the iPad. It feels like it polishes my iPad every time I put it in and take it out. I think you made a good choice in the color. I love mine.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:29 PM   #75
geetooeasy
macrumors newbie

I didn't think a sleeve was necessary either but I think I need it for my keyboard now
geetooeasy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories