Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 3, 2013, 05:23 AM   #1
ozaz
macrumors 6502a

Apple TV, parental controls, and photo stream

I am signed into my Apple TV (3rd gen) with my Apple ID, but I don't want my photo stream to show up on my Apple TV.

I have turned on parental controls. The only thing I want to restrict is the photostream, so in parental controls I have set that to hide and I have set everything else to show/allow/no restriction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	parental controls 1 cropped.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	678.5 KB
ID:	394228
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parental controls 2 cropped.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	684.2 KB
ID:	394229

As expected. This causes photostream to get hidden and it cannot be unhidden without entering the parental control passcode. Good.

However, it also causes me to require the parental control passcode every time I view a trailer or rent a movie. This is undesired. Can anyone clarify why I am being asked for passcode when accessing the iTunes movies store even though I (think I) have setup parental controls so that this will should not be required?
ozaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:16 AM   #2
institute
macrumors regular

Appears to be a bug that appeared first, for me, with the 5.1.1 update and continues on with 5.2.
institute is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:07 PM   #3
ozaz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by institute View Post
Appears to be a bug that appeared first, for me, with the 5.1.1 update and continues on with 5.2.
Thanks for the reply. Good that its a bug rather than normal behaviour, I suppose. Has this issue been discussed elsewhere, or have you just noticed it yourself?
ozaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:10 AM   #4
institute
macrumors regular

It is my experience and I have tested it fairly extensively. It was also mentioned by others in a thread here after 5.1.1 came out. With the earlier version there were even further complications such as not being able to hide iTunes Match with parental controls on. That appears to be fixed but the request for pass code for rated material even if you you set the app not to ask is still an issue.
institute is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Tags
apple tv 3