Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Agent55
macrumors newbie

iPad mini firmware forthcoming?

Hi all, first post

I've got an iPad mini 16gb wifi-only, and have been thru all the wifi troubleshooting like many owners. I've done the network reset, router/modem configuring for proper security settings and have largely improved the consistency and performance of this little gem. BUT, it's still the worst-performing Apple device I've owned in regards to wifi performance. My iPhone 4 and MB Pro are rock-solid in comparison, while my mini will still loose connection now and then despite indicating its connected to my network (turning wifi off/on fixes temporarily).

Has there been any word from Apple that there's a firmware fix in the pipeline? I'd assume some iPhone 5 users are in the same boat, but I haven't seen/heard anything official.
Agent55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Apple did issue a firmware update for the mini, it's 6.0.2. Check your iPad to see if it has this firmware, and if not, hit Software Update to install it.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Agent55
macrumors newbie

Sorry, I meant a post-6.0.2 update since performance is still spotty.
Agent55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Erj
macrumors newbie

Same problem....

Ipad mini 16, no cell. Ios 602
Wifi is unstable.
Drops connection, slow to reconnect, sometimes i have to toggle wifi off/on to reconnect.
Iphone 4 and laptop (lenovo, w7) has no issues with the same wifi network, and have stable connections also when the ipad mini struggles.
Erj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:30 AM   #5
blueroom
macrumors 603

Could also be the Router.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:24 PM   #6
charlituna
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent55 View Post
Sorry, I meant a post-6.0.2 update since performance is still spotty.
Have you tried a restore. you might have some corrupted user data making a muck of things.

I would do it as a DFU restore in particular so the system will verify the firmware is correct
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:15 AM   #7
Eddyarto
macrumors newbie

I have just got my mini Ipad a couple weeks ago,but I still could not access my flash disc using Ifile. Some friends told me that mini Ipad is not supported and no available software yet for this purpose. Is it true ?
Please help how to access my flash disc using USB connecting cable
Eddyarto is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting