Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:28 AM   #1
salvatore
macrumors member

Office 2011 Sounds Stop Working

MBA 5,2 i5 1.8Ghz with 8MB RAM running OS X 10.8.2.

Every day or two MS Office sounds stop working, most notably Outlook. The rest of the OS sounds work just fine, but Outlook will stop playing its notifications, even when going to preferences and manually triggering them.

Neither sleep nor reboot affects it, but every now and then I launch something that kicks things back into place. For example, when joining an Adobe Connect session (my.adobeconnect.com) things get unstuck and I hear an onslaught of previous sounds. New mail alerts, reminder chimes, you name it.

Anyone experience anything like this before? Suggestions for addressing it? Ive already tried rebuilding the Office identity.

If any other detail would be helpful, let me know and I'll post it.

Thanks!

.sal
salvatore is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store