Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
Itunes compatible movies I own

What to expect when your expecting - SD
Ted - HD
Seeking a friend for the end of the World - HD
Savages - HD
Safe - SD
Pitch Perfect - HD
Moonrise Kingdom - HD
Madagascar 3 - SD (This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Five Year Engagement - SD
The Dictator - SD -(This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Cabin in the Woods - SD
The Bourne Legacy- HD

It looks like Paramount digital copies will redeem in VUDU/Flixster and Itunes. Hope this helps. I will update whenever I get more digital copies.

Cabin In The Woods was iTunes HD plus iTunes extras for me.

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
Yea I am guessing a few of mine came from DVDs and not blurays. The perk of being a former video store manager. Haha

Please be clear with ur post - either u redeem them from a DVD or BD.

The follow titles are misleading:
[The following titles can be redeemed in HD.]
Safe - HD
What to expect when you're expecting - HD

Last edited:

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009

Ted - HD
Savages - HD
Safe - SD
Pitch Perfect - HD
Moonrise Kingdom - HD
Madagascar 3 - SD (This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
The Dictator - SD -(This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Cabin in the Woods - SD
The Bourne Legacy- HD

It looks like Paramount digital copies will redeem in VUDU/Flixster and Itunes. Hope this helps. I will update whenever I get more digital copies.

Safe downloaded in HD (720p) with iTunes Extras for me...

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Please be clear with ur post - either u redeem them from a DVD or BD.

The follow titles are misleading:
[The following titles can be redeemed in HD.]
Safe - HD
What to expect when you're expecting - HD

I don't know what disc those came from, but I am assuming from a regular DVD if your's come out HD.

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
Cabin in the Woods does redeem as HD! Both UV and iTunes!

My List of VUDU

Safe - SD- not sure if this is from a dvd or bluray
The Five Year Engagement - HDX - 4/30/15
Dictator - HDX
Dark Knight Rises HDX - 12/4/14
Prometheus HDX - 10/12/14
Rock of Ages regular and extended HDX 10/09/2014
Savages HDX
What to expect when your expecting - SD - not sure if this is from a dvd or bluray
Campaign - HDX - 10/30/2014
Magic Mike - HDX - 10/23/2014
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - HDX
Cabin in the woods - SD
The Amazing Spiderman HDX - 11/09/2014
Chernobly Diaries - SD - 10/14/14
Moonrise Kingdom HDX
Madagascar 3 - HDX
Hope Springs SD
Men in Black 3 - HDX - 11/30/2014
Abraham Lincoln Vampire HDX 10/23/14
The Bourne Legacy HDX
Dark Shadows HDX - 10/02/14
Pitch Perfect HDX
Ted HDX

Ted - HD
Savages - HD
Safe - SD
Pitch Perfect - HD
Moonrise Kingdom - HD
Cabin in the Woods - SD
The Bourne Legacy- HD

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
Look back a couple posts and you will see that End of Watch is HD for iTunes and yes Death Race 3 is also HD. If you have questions goto the thread in my signature for a spreadsheet.

Good to know, I need to tell my friend to go find me a blu-ray code then because I hate SD.

I just got:

Death Race 3 HDX VUDU
End of Watch HDX VUDU

I havent loaded them into itunes, but I assume those will be HD also.

shootandswing

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. I've purchased a few Blu-rays in the past few months and was really surprised that they've started giving out HD Digital Copies. I've got Pitch Perfect, ParaNorman, E.T. and Girls (HBO) waiting to come in the mail!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. I've purchased a few Blu-rays in the past few months and was really surprised that they've started giving out HD Digital Copies. I've got Pitch Perfect, ParaNorman, E.T. and Girls (HBO) waiting to come in the mail!

Welcome. Yeah, I think we were all surprised that we are now getting HD codes. Of course I'm not complaining one bit. :)

davidscully

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
UK HD Digital Copies

I realise most people are in the US but I think it would be good to start a list for the UK. I think certain detail needs to be added to make sure people aren't just looking on here, buying something expecting a HD digital copy and then being disappointed when they get SD.

Here's my list; (All blu-ray);

PROMETHEUS
Description: Blu-Ray + Digital Copy (No DVD)
Quality Received: HD + SD + iTunes Extra
Comments: You have to go through the fox website to convert the redemption serial into an iTunes redeemable code. Is compatible with iCloud.

Water For Elephants
Description: Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy
Quality Received: SD
Comments: You have to insert the DVD into iTunes and then enter the redemption serial. This begins instant download of the SD version. Is compatible with iCloud.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Description: Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + DVD
Quality Received: SD + iTunes Extras
Comments: Code directly redeemable in iTunes. iCloud compatible.

Battleship
Description:Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + UV
Quality Received: SD
Comments: Code directly redeemable in iTunes.

The Bourne Legacy
Description: Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + UV
Quality Received: HD + SD
Comments: Code directly redeemable in iTunes. No iTunes extras even published on the iTunes store; it's not that you don't get them included it's that they don't exist. iCloud compatible.

Good System for the UK?
I think the way the studios are getting around this is that if you buy a Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy what you are actually getting is a Digital Copy of the DVD, hence the SD quality. Best to go for either Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + UV or Blu-Ray + Digital Copy

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
Most of them are all too old for HD, so I would say SD except for possibly:

American Pie - Universal 100th Anniversary

Haven't heard anything about whether that one is HD or not.

Does anyone know if the American Pie movies with digital copies are in HD?

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
Most of them are all too old for HD, so I would say SD except for possibly:

American Pie - Universal 100th Anniversary

Haven't heard anything about whether that one is HD or not.

Film is a higher resolution than the HD standard. I have a ton of old films that are HD. From the 100th Anniversary, "Jaws" in an HD download.

Age has nothing to do with whether the download is HD or not.

Gadget-Man

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
I should have said they have older release dates.

Film is a higher resolution than the HD standard. I have a ton of old films that are HD. From the 100th Anniversary, "Jaws" in an HD download.

Age has nothing to do with whether the download is HD or not.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
I got the Blu-ray of The Hunger Games from Amazon and had a choice of Ultra Violet or iTunes. iTunes gave me a 1080p download. Like you, I use makemkv and put the movie on a disk drive attached to my TV.

I am too looking to do this. Which bluray drive did u get to read the bluray and extract with makemkv?

Thank u in advance for your assistance. I wanna make my digital file of batman.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
It was nothing fancy or fast but it's compact, and works well and the price is reasonable. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QA2Y9S/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00

Thank u for that. How long did it take for a movie?

----------

It was nothing fancy or fast but it's compact, and works well and the price is reasonable. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QA2Y9S/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00

Just ordered it. Thank u again. Couldn't go wrong with that price.

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
Thank u for that. How long did it take for a movie?

----------

Just ordered it. Thank u again. Couldn't go wrong with that price.

If the movie is 2 hours in length it will take 1 hour. Makemkv uses very little CPU power so the speed is dependent on the speed of the Blu Ray drive. There are faster drives out there... but you only have to do this to your movie collection once.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
If the movie is 2 hours in length it will take 1 hour. Makemkv takes very little CPU time so the speed is dependent of the speed of the Blu Ray drive. There are faster drives out there... but you only have to do this to your movie collection once.

True. There are only a handful of movies that I needed it for so I don't mind waiting. Thank u again. A great deal. Was reading from reviewers that they recommend an ac adapter for it. Do u have one?

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
True. There are only a handful of movies that I needed it for so I don't mind waiting. Thank u again. A great deal. Was reading from reviewers that they recommend an ac adapter for it. Do u have one?

I've never needed or bought the ac adapter for it. I hook it up to the usb on my 13" 2009 mbp and have never had a problem. It does come with an adapter so you could use 2 usb ports to power it if you needed to.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
I've never needed or bought the ac adapter for it. I hook it up to the usb on my 13" 2009 mbp and have never had a problem. It does come with an adapter so you could use 2 usb ports to power it if you needed to.

Thank u very much for this information. This is excellent. Excited to receive it so that I could back up just 5 bluray movies to my wdtv live hub.

mrholder

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2009
If anyone gets Skyfall Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy, can you please post if it's downloads in itunes 1080p? I'm not even sure this is available on disc yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.