Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:53 AM   #1
simsaladimbamba
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: located
The MR Guides are not accessible anymore

Hello,

I was just about to embark reading one of those guides, but got greeted by this:
Quote:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_NAMESPACE, expecting T_STRING in /home/guides/public_html/includes/Namespace.php on line 47
It does not happen with any specific guide, but with several I have tested, even the category pages get that error, though the Mac Guides frontpage is still visible.

I tested it in Safari 5.0.5 and Opera 12.13 and Firefox 18 and Chrome 24.0.1312.57, all in Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Is it due to some change with the layout?
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:58 AM   #2
SandboxGeneral
Moderator
 
SandboxGeneral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Great Lakes State
We are aware of the problem and contacting the admins to fix it. It's also affecting the FAQ and rules pages as well.

Thanks,
SandboxGeneral is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:03 AM   #3
simsaladimbamba
Thread Starter
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: located
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
We are aware of the problem and contacting the admins to fix it. It's also affecting the FAQ and rules pages as well.

Thanks,
Right, they use the same underlying system, from its looks. But I guess the guides get more read than the FAQ and rules anyway, and those are not read that often I guess.

Do you know, or anyone else working here, if the guides will ever become update with a newer software, that makes writing a guide as easy as writing a post? I specifically ask, because I use lots of formatting (INDENTs are the love of my virtual life) and sometimes some pictures I took with my Sony Ericsson of the screen and rather would like to create a guide in there, but have always been hindered by my laziness to learn a new method for just this, since using the forum tools is so easy compared to guides.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, the moon is down already.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:06 AM   #4
SandboxGeneral
Moderator
 
SandboxGeneral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Great Lakes State
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
Right, they use the same underlying system, from its looks. But I guess the guides get more read than the FAQ and rules anyway, and those are not read that often I guess.

Do you know, or anyone else working here, if the guides will ever become update with a newer software, that makes writing a guide as easy as writing a post? I specifically ask, because I use lots of formatting (INDENTs are the love of my virtual life) and sometimes some pictures I took with my Sony Ericsson of the screen and rather would like to create a guide in there, but have always been hindered by my laziness to learn a new method for just this, since using the forum tools is so easy compared to guides.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, the moon is down already.
Revamping the Guides section has been talked about, but I'm sorry to report that we haven't gotten any further than talking about it. I can bring it up again and see what they say.
SandboxGeneral is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:12 AM   #5
simsaladimbamba
Thread Starter
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: located
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
Revamping the Guides section has been talked about, but I'm sorry to report that we haven't gotten any further than talking about it. I can bring it up again and see what they say.
Thanks, and if I knew anything about such software I would gladly help, since I would like to use those more, but I am unable to even write a Hello World in True Pascal or whatever that language was we used to learn back in the 90s.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:54 AM   #6
SandboxGeneral
Moderator
 
SandboxGeneral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Great Lakes State
The Guides, FAQ and Rules pages are back online and available.
SandboxGeneral is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:00 AM   #7
simsaladimbamba
Thread Starter
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: located
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
The Guides, FAQ and Rules pages are back online and available.
Thanks.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camera not accessible luckydcxx iOS 7 5 May 7, 2014 01:03 PM
Microphone Accessible To Hackers? ItsWelshy MacBook Pro 4 Dec 19, 2013 01:43 PM
Files not accessible from Finder tcotton6 MacBook Pro 1 Jan 19, 2013 04:21 PM
One to One not accessible from Windows Mi Naem Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 0 Nov 29, 2012 11:14 AM
broken hdd accessible on 10.5 but not 10.4 potatis Mac Peripherals 2 Nov 13, 2012 06:21 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC