Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthonyfellows

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
I keep reading stuff about iOS 6.2 on the iPhone 5. I just upgrade the firmware the other day and I thought I was upgrading to 6.2. My phone says it's at 6.1 (which is where I want it). When I check for new firmware updates, it tells me the current firmware is up to date. Am I missing something?

I think maybe I'm confused by all of the msg board posts I've seen that have 6.2 in the title. Apple just released 6.1, correct? I don't even think there is a 6.2.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
The previous iOS version for the iPhone 5 was 6.0.2. 6.1 just came out a few days ago, and is the newest version of iOS 6.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I keep reading stuff about iOS 6.2 on the iPhone 5. I just upgrade the firmware the other day and I thought I was upgrading to 6.2. My phone says it's at 6.1 (which is where I want it). When I check for new firmware updates, it tells me the current firmware is up to date. Am I missing something?

I think maybe I'm confused by all of the msg board posts I've seen that have 6.2 in the title. Apple just released 6.1, correct? I don't even think there is a 6.2.
Aside maybe from someone mistakingly putting a 2 instead of 1 in one or two places, or something along those lines, is it really in so many places all over to make it seem like there's an actual 6.2 release that people are talking about?

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
I can only recall one other thread with 6.2 in the title, and that got pulled as the OP was seemingly a spammer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.