Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenglade

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
I just bought a used iPod and am working through the set-up procedure. In most respects it seems to be working well. I have an internet connect and have synched with my computer. However, the device is not registering as a disc on my desktop. This leaves me puzzled about how I can transfer to the iPod. I figured it would ea drag-n-drop operation, but I cant see the device to drag to.

I have tried three separate USB ports and re-started my Mac to see if that would joggle it. It hasn't. Any suggestions?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I just bought a used iPod and am working through the set-up procedure. In most respects it seems to be working well. I have an internet connect and have synched with my computer. However, the device is not registering as a disc on my desktop. This leaves me puzzled about how I can transfer to the iPod. I figured it would ea drag-n-drop operation, but I cant see the device to drag to.

I have tried three separate USB ports and re-started my Mac to see if that would joggle it. It hasn't. Any suggestions?

How to use iTunes. Drag and drop to iTunes, and sync:
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes-u/using/

You can set it up to use "wireless sync" too, no cable required. But no it's not meant to be a thumbdrive, even though some apps will allow you to use an iPod touch as a thumbdrive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.