Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

"Evad3rs", a new team including some of the top iOS jailbreak authors, has just released Evasi0n, a brand-new jailbreak for iOS 6.x. The release marks the first time users have been able to deploy an untethered jailbreak on the iPhone 5.

evasi0n.jpg
Evasi0n is available for OS X, Windows, and Linux and provides a quick method for users to jailbreak their devices to make use of unauthorized like themes, tweaks, and apps from sources other than the App Store.

As an untethered jailbreak, users only need to apply the Evasi0n jailbreak once, making for a seamless user experience. Tethered jailbreaks requires users to have their devices connected to a computer each time they restart.

Article Link: 'Evasi0n' Arrives as First Untethered Jailbreak for iPhone 5 and iOS 6.x

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
Although not many reasons for me to jailbreak, I know many who will be happy.

What jailbreak tweaks is everyone excited to try on their devices?

dustinsc

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
Looks like a lot of people downloading. Google site shut down, so I had to use a mirror.

PrayForDeath

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
It's pretty awesome that this work on all 6.x firmwares, not just the latest one.

Make sure you update your firmware through iTunes. If you did an OTA update, you will have to first restore through iTunes before you jailbreak.

Thanks Evad3rs!

cashville2400

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
Can't download at work. Wouldn't do any good anyway, since I don't sync with my work computer.

dustinsc

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
That may have been the fastest (as far as the process goes; the wait was long), most painless jailbreak ever.

edonohoo

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
Patching Kernel...

Mine has been sitting at the final "Patching Kernel..." screen for a long time. Anyone else have this happen?

ATT iPhone 5

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
Even though I'm using a 3GS which already had untethered jailbreak on iOS 6, for some reason I still want to download it. :D

mouser45

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2013
Forces?

Last time I checked I was still able to purchased whatever product I choose to from any given company, nobody is forcing you to do anything, you freely chose iOS.

Best of two evils

See: presidental election

cashville2400

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
@planetbeing: Err, wow, I signed up for a @BoxHQ business account thinking 2TB bandwidth would be enough, ate through 1TB already.

hammie14

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
UK
It's pretty awesome that this work on all 6.x firmwares, not just the latest one.

Make sure you update your firmware through iTunes. If you did an OTA update, you will have to first restore through iTunes before you jailbreak.

Thanks Evad3rs!

I dont think this is correct!

I updated OTA and not from itunes and have jailbroken my device new problem (ipad 3 GSM) and iPhone 4s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.