Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

tweetbotlogo.jpg
Popular Twitter app Tweetbot received an update today, adding inline image support for photos and videos shared from Flickr and Vine.

Tweetbot supports inline images from several different apps and services, including Instagram, which was disabled in the official Twitter app late last year following a dispute between Twitter and Instagram.

Videos shared from Vine and images shared from Flickr will now be shown directly within Tweetbot, without the need to open a separate window. Tweetbot includes native Vine controls that allow users to play videos via AirPlay and tweet links to videos.

tweetbotupdate.jpg
Inline image support for Flickr (left) and Vine (right)​
Tweetbot's new version 2.7 update also includes the ability to open links in 1Password or Chrome, rather than Safari, and adds better support for muting Tweets that include URLs.

Both Tweetbot for iPhone [Direct Link] and Tweetbot for iPad [Direct Link] have been updated and can be downloaded from the App Store.

Article Link: Tweetbot for iOS Updated with Inline Image Support for Flickr and Vine

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
I own all of Tapbots apps, and I love each one of them. From the converter, to their calculator, input 7734 and turn it upside down and it will spell hell and you'll hear flames! Great stuff all around.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Personally, I think it's great that Tapbots is making it easier to look at pictures of cats on the internet; it's just been so difficult up until now.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
I'd rather be able to open links in Atomic Web or similar WebKit mobile browser with Adblock support.

And not from Google, TYVM, though the Adblock thing isn't really in their wheelhouse anyway.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Just picked up Tweetbot for iOS a few days ago and I really enjoy it. Not many of my friends use Flickr or Vine, but glad to see the app supporting those features for those who do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.