Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

echomango

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
I love my new Imac 27 and it has been flawless on almost everything. But today I ran into a strange problem with After Effects. This was the first time using AE on the new machine. CS3 had been activated a while back and photoshop and others are working just fine. When I put an mp3 file into a composition and try to preview the sound comes back an octave or two lower than it should be. Weird. I tried the same file in an older imac with AE and it worked just fine. Could it be a setting somewhere that I have missed?

Any help will be most appreciated!

Tom

echomango

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
Tried it with an uncompressed WAV or AIFF of that MP3 yet?

Thanks for this. I saved the file as an .aif and now when I try and preview the audio file it hangs. When I try to preview an mp4 it goes very quickly through it, like about 5x as fast from normal speed.

This is all very odd since I used AE on this computer a while back but before I activated my CS3. The activation option seems to be greyed out in the help menu. When I try to register it says no connection to the internet. Could it be due to not having registered? This is nuts.

profphil

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Have no knowledge of After Effects or CS3 unfortunately but audio files playing faster seems to point to a higher sample rate being used. Maybe see if there are sample rate options somewhere in your software? Good luck anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.