Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:16 PM   #1
dragon2611
macrumors regular

6.1 can't be bothered to search for carrier?

Has any on else had it where if they've been in an area with Poor/No Coverage the iPhone seems to give up even bothering to search for the signal after a while.

Have noticed it a couple of times when I've spent several hours in a poor/no coverage area and then moved back into an area where there is coverage only to have the iPhone sit there saying "no service"

Usually kicking it into aeroplane mode briefly gets it to behave itself, but it's rather irratating as obvisouly it can't alert you to any missed calls/messages.etc if it doesn't bother reconnecting to the network once it's available again.

Edit: forgot to mention I have a iPhone 4s
dragon2611 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Nermal

Watching this with interest. I haven't installed 6.1 yet and I live in an area with poor coverage. Due to cell breathing my phone occasionally drops down to No Service, but currently it reconnects automatically. I may need to avoid 6.1 if this is an issue.
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6