Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmouthboyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could offer some advice. I am a secondary school teacher in the UK and after a MBP or rMBP. I gather its best to wait untill the next cycle in June as prices drop.

I also have a brother at university. Do Uni students and secondary school teachers get different discounts? Also would this discount work on the older line of models in June? i.e the current MBP range as they make way for the new generation?

Any advice? Cheers

Last edited:

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Discount should be the same (unless things are different in UK).

Once the 2013 is released Apple will no longer sell the 2012 model (only refurbs).

Laco

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could offer some advice. I am a secondary school teacher in the UK and after a MBP or rMBP. I gather its best to wait untill the next cycle in June as prices drop.

I also have a brother at university. Do Uni students and secondary school teachers get different discounts? Also would this discount work on the older line of models in June? i.e the current MBP range as they make way for the new generation?

Any advice? Cheers

Once Apple release its new laptops, no one knows if it will be in June, there will not be a price drop on current models. Any older models will still be sold in the refurbished section which does not have a student or teacher discount.

bmouthboyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1103022/

Great link explaining things. seems my bro at uni is best bet for a 15% discount.

So do you agree it is best to wait for the time being? I basically need one for mid july. Should I basically wait for new models, then buy that with student discount? I thought Apple would reduce the old line, is it true that they will just be sold refurb and no discounts apply? i.e I can only use discounts on full priced main model macs?

Cheers

adjeff8

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
Hi guys,

Any advice? Cheers

You're a teacher and you misspelled the word BUY? Ouch.

Laco

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1103022/

Great link explaining things. seems my bro at uni is best bet for a 15% discount.

So do you agree it is best to wait for the time being? I basically need one for mid july. Should I basically wait for new models, then buy that with student discount? I thought Apple would reduce the old line, is it true that they will just be sold refurb and no discounts apply? i.e I can only use discounts on full priced main model macs?

Cheers

what I and everyone else wrote before:
Once Apple release its new laptops, no one knows if it will be in June, there will not be a price drop on current models. Any older models will still be sold in the refurbished section which does not have a student or teacher discount.

bmouthboyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
what I and everyone else wrote before:

I was seeing if anyone else agreed with you encase you were full of crap. Thank you for repeating yourself though.

Nimravus

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2013
Best buy I think is having a sale on MBp laptops. I don't know if it was a limited time but this weekend MBPs were up to like $250 off.

adjeff8

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
Maybe it's a foreign teacher visiting the UK. Have you considered that? :rolleyes:

In that case i would say he speaks pretty good English

----------

Sorry about that a typo.

Come on Teacher, there should be a comma between the word THAT and A TYPO!!!

I'm just messing with you Teach, it's just, my teachers gave me so much crap when I was in school, I just couldn't resist. Carry on...

bmouthboyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Not to mention "untill".

To be fair, I did drive most of my teachers to drink so maybe that's the reason.

haha It would take more than some little gob***** correcting my spelling to drive me to drink!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.