Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
It takes less than one week, and the Note II becomes normal size to you, making all other phones seem too small and hard to use, and the iPhone look like a wristwatch compared to Note II.

I am very used to the size now. It feels like a true mini computer, in the palm of your hand. Not too big whatsoever.

Battery life is amazing.
I agree all the way.

I have an iPhone 4S (which I will be selling) and I can't believe how tiny it seems now. I can barely use its keyboard without frustration.

On the other hand, I have not been using my iPad 3 as much lately. I don't know if that is due to the Note 2 but I suspect it is at least in part due to it. For example in the morning I often read the news on my iPad. I didn't do it on my iPhone as it was just too small (even before I got my Note 2). But now I find my news apps are acceptable on my Note 2 and am not feeling the need for my iPad.

As for gaming I had pretty much given up on my iPhone other than word games. I did use my iPad a lot for games. But with my Note 2 I am beginning to enjoy games again on my phone. Right now I am addicted to Subway Surfer on my Note 2. Yep, I admit it :). It's like a more colorful and slower-paced Temple Run without the need to use motion (which is a pain if you are not holding the phone level for Temple Run).

Michael

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Battery life for me needs to last the day but I think a user replaceable battery is a key thing I look for. One of the many things I like about the note two.

The Note 2, easily lasts a full day no problem. I don't even need a spare battery for this beast, that's just icing on the cake, that you can swap in another battery and get 24 hours again :D

Sure on very heavy workdays, using GPS, tons of texts, lots of phone calls, e-mail, surfing the web, posting on XDA, etc...I will only get like 14 hours of battery life, but that's using the phone non ***** stop, the entire day, pretty much always in use.

My Note 2 today, been unplugged off the charger for 9 hours, battery is at 55% left, with 4h screen time. Today was a medium use day, not heavy non stop use, but not light weekend use either. And no WiFI at all today, all using the network, which taxes battery life more than WiFi. So I should get close to 20 hours battery today, with around 7h screen time.

No other phone I have owned could ever give that much juice.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
The Note 2, easily lasts a full day no problem. I don't even need a spare battery for this beast, that's just icing on the cake, that you can swap in another battery and get 24 hours again :D

Sure on very heavy workdays, using GPS, tons of texts, lots of phone calls, e-mail, surfing the web, posting on XDA, etc...I will only get like 14 hours of battery life, but that's using the phone non ***** stop, the entire day, pretty much always in use.

My Note 2 today, been unplugged off the charger for 9 hours, battery is at 55% left, with 4h screen time. Today was a medium use day, not heavy non stop use, but not light weekend use either. And no WiFI at all today, all using the network, which taxes battery life more than WiFi. So I should get close to 20 hours battery today, with around 7h screen time.

No other phone I have owned could ever give that much juice.

True the battery life is great. I was meaning when the battery does die I can replace it easily - without any hassle/cost.

Go Note 2!

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
True the battery life is great. I was meaning when the battery does die I can replace it easily - without any hassle/cost.

Go Note 2!

Yes sir, that's just even more icing on the Note II cake :)

This is the first phone, I could finally take with me on a backpacking trip in the Rocky Mountains. Change settings to all battery friendly, and light use to get the full 24 - 36 hours out of it, and bring like 3 spares with ya, and good to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.