Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:02 PM   #376
dinesh29888
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Any1 already using it please tell me the best way to apply it .... I want alignment to be perfect, dust is not a issue for me i know how to avoid them ... I just want a bubble free and perfect fit.
dinesh29888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:05 PM   #377
boshii
macrumors 68040
 
boshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh29888 View Post
Any1 already using it please tell me the best way to apply it .... I want alignment to be perfect, dust is not a issue for me i know how to avoid them ... I just want a bubble free and perfect fit.
I kept a can of compressed air in one hand and held the screen protector right above the phone with my other hand. I sprayed the air then immediately placed down the protector.

When you put the protector on, it sort of floats above the phone until you press down on it. Use that time to get the alignment perfect. It took me one try.
boshii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:49 PM   #378
clyde2801
macrumors 601
 
clyde2801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the land of no hills and red dirt.
No problems with mine

Had to squeegee it a bit after application, but no bubbles, lint, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 1-30-13 at 4.47 PM.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	393654  
__________________
I've found that the sanest question I can ask myself is 'Am I going crazy?' --Jack Robbins
2012 base 15" rMBP, late 2013 13" rMBP, 64gb gold iPad Air 2, 64gb gold iPhone 6+
clyde2801 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:02 PM   #379
NovemberWhiskey
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh29888 View Post
Did you used the "Hinge Method" ?
You have installed it 100% perfect ... i have ordered mine and quite nervous on which is the best way to apply them ...
Few tips will be helpful
I actually don't recommend the hinge method, as that helps more with traditional flexible screen protectors to help line them up. Because the glass is rigid, it's not too hard to line up. That, and by lining it up perfectly on one side does not guarantee the rest will line up right.

Personally I have found that lining up the cutouts first leads to a better fit everywhere (i.e. start with the home button as that is the one thing you cannot mess up, and go up from there making sure the speaker is lined up as well.)

Because they cut these holes precisely, lining these up leads to a perfect fit for the sides. Remember the sides don't line up perfectly with the edge of the screen, so even if you get that right, your other cutouts can still be off.

Consider also that this is much stickier: it's a real adhesive and not the static cling adhesion on other products. Removing it will affect the tackiness of the adhesive.
NovemberWhiskey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:16 AM   #380
dinesh29888
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberWhiskey View Post
I actually don't recommend the hinge method, as that helps more with traditional flexible screen protectors to help line them up. Because the glass is rigid, it's not too hard to line up. That, and by lining it up perfectly on one side does not guarantee the rest will line up right.

Personally I have found that lining up the cutouts first leads to a better fit everywhere (i.e. start with the home button as that is the one thing you cannot mess up, and go up from there making sure the speaker is lined up as well.)

Because they cut these holes precisely, lining these up leads to a perfect fit for the sides. Remember the sides don't line up perfectly with the edge of the screen, so even if you get that right, your other cutouts can still be off.

Consider also that this is much stickier: it's a real adhesive and not the static cling adhesion on other products. Removing it will affect the tackiness of the adhesive.
That helped a lot .... Thanks
Will post the pics once i apply them ...
dinesh29888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:08 PM   #381
Dino F
macrumors 65816
 
Dino F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Croydon, South London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh29888 View Post
That helped a lot .... Thanks
Will post the pics once i apply them ...
The best method I've seen for applying these without actually touching the edge of the glass itself is to place a piece of sticky tape along the bottom (so its overhanging the edge) and another piece along the top (again so it's overhanging the edge) and then just hold the glass by the 2 tapes you've now applied and just hover over the iPhone screen and slowly lower it down whilst lining up the home button and the top holes until you actually land on the screen .
Dino F is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:02 PM   #382
NovemberWhiskey
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino F View Post
The best method I've seen for applying these without actually touching the edge of the glass itself is to place a piece of sticky tape along the bottom (so its overhanging the edge) and another piece along the top (again so it's overhanging the edge) and then just hold the glass by the 2 tapes you've now applied and just hover over the iPhone screen and slowly lower it down whilst lining up the home button and the top holes until you actually land on the screen .
Yeah, this is good too. However, don't let the scotch tape obstruct your view of the cutouts or anything important you want to line up.

Also, remove BOTH the front and back plastic protectors from the TR so you have a clear view of the lineup. Leaving the front on makes it hard to see fine details.
NovemberWhiskey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:22 PM   #383
TheBigKing
macrumors 6502a
 
TheBigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PR
i loome it's a good one two or this it's better ???
__________________
i iPhone 5s 32GB Silver , Macbook Pro 13, 8GB Ram 500 GB HD
TheBigKing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:02 PM   #384
xWarlocx
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Whats i loome? I've never even heard of them before
xWarlocx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:44 AM   #385
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
I love glass!
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:00 AM   #386
Six8
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWarlocx View Post
Whats i loome? I've never even heard of them before
Glass sp. check amazon.
Six8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:05 PM   #387
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKing View Post
i loome it's a good one two or this it's better ???
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1540359
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:28 PM   #388
katai
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Anyone know if the olloclip fits with the glass on?
katai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:17 PM   #389
iproductsuser
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I have one with my GLAS.tR and it fits but you have to force it. It does work though.
iproductsuser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:22 PM   #390
TimonPumba
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
anyone have an extra 30% coupon??
TimonPumba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:54 PM   #391
Americano
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Anyone in this thread heard anything about the slim version coming out?
Americano is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:09 AM   #392
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Does anyone know if this will fit with a Spigen Slim Armor?

Also, does this have oleophobic coating? I can't stand the fingerprint magnets....
Luis2004 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:40 PM   #393
wxman2003
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Installed this a few days ago and it's great. Dust free install too. I used a cheapo screen protector first to lift the dust off and then applied the glas.tr. You can use the back protector that comes with it, if you dont plan to install. After the screen was on, I took a black sharpie and went all away around the edge of the glass. Blends right into the phone. Also prevents light from shining through the edge of the glass when screen is on.
__________________
iMac I5, Macbook, iPad Air, iPad rMini, iPhone 6 Plus.
wxman2003 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:42 PM   #394
ZipZap
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis2004 View Post
Does anyone know if this will fit with a Spigen Slim Armor?

Also, does this have oleophobic coating? I can't stand the fingerprint magnets....
Yes it does fit.
ZipZap is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:55 PM   #395
wxman2003
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis2004 View Post
Also, does this have oleophobic coating? I can't stand the fingerprint magnets....
Yes it has the coating. Is actually better than the coating on the iphone.
__________________
iMac I5, Macbook, iPad Air, iPad rMini, iPhone 6 Plus.
wxman2003 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:07 PM   #396
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Wow, thanks for letting me know guys. I'm going to go ahead and order it.
Luis2004 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:15 PM   #397
robotphood
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
Yes it has the coating. Is actually better than the coating on the iphone.
Better but didn't last as long for me (non Tr)
robotphood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:44 PM   #398
Becutan
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Where do you guys usually buy your glas t/ glas t.r besides the official spigen store? Which resellers do you use?
Becutan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:47 PM   #399
iproductsuser
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Amazon Spigen store
iproductsuser is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:40 AM   #400
milesjohnson
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
anyone have hairline scratches?? I just got mine Friday and am already noticing a couple hairline scratches usually pretty careful with my devices but was a little more carefree with the added protection (no dedicated pocket for phone, but still semi careful about it) although they are only visible at a certain angle they are still annoying
milesjohnson is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 5 + Otterbox Defender + Spigen SGP Glas.t - built-in screen protector iamthekiller iPhone Accessories 75 Aug 26, 2013 06:38 PM
Review: Spigen SGP GLAS.t Screen Protector New iPad agallowa iPad Accessories 17 Oct 1, 2012 01:07 PM
SGP Ultra Crystal vs GLAS.t - which screen protector? Jamesesesesess iPhone 8 Sep 22, 2012 10:33 PM
Spigen sgp iPhone 5 screen protector robbie12345 iPhone Accessories 2 Aug 17, 2012 01:56 PM
SGP glas.t glass screen protector. Slight imprefection at the edges? hajime iPhone Accessories 1 Jun 28, 2012 06:45 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC