Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Mines in with yours I think....sitting awaiting clearance from customs....

Annoying thing is I've booked to work from Home next Monday as per the Apple site saying it'll be the 11th. However,it appears that it may be here by Thursday looking at http://www.expeditors.com/ as they state the 7th. Might have to speak with work and try to work from home that day too/instead of.

Working at home clearly means I can't play with it on arrival though....just means I can get it in and warm it up ready for "play time"

Expeditors final delivery is to the courier. I think.
as mine now says 'completed" I think its then got to go to UPS or whoever.

----------

Expeditors shows that my unit arrived at Heathrow around 2pm this afternoon. Anyone have a clue as to how long it will take to make it 90 mins further west to my pad in Wiltshire?

Thanks

Nikko

mine landed finally last night at 6pm, made it through customs late pm today and got sent to consignee ( i assume UPS) at 7pm today

I'm expecting it to turn up Wednesday now barring some miracle.

But the merge in transit notice just (literally)went from my shipment status page.
the only other thing I ordered was Applecare, and that (single piece of paper) arrived today in the post.

I wonder if iI dare hope it will arrive tomorrow

Alterin

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Well if it gets to your area sooner, they will deliver it sooner. They wont hold a shipment at a facility, just to wait until the estimated delivery date to deliver it. A lot of people have reported getting theirs days early. One even reported getting it four days earlier than FedEx's estimation. Mine is on it's way to Orlando Int'l right now, well actually, now it's AT Orlando Int'l, as the plane landed at 6:13pm, and from there it's only a one hour truck ride to where the trucks go out for delivery here. So I'm pretty sure I'll have mine tomorrow. And FedEx originally gave me a delivery estimate of Wednesday, Feb. 6th...

And, on FedEx vehicle for delivery! So I'll have it tomorrow after I call for a hold after missing delivery while noone is home :p

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Ordered On Jan 8, 2013 from their Flagship store in NYC for New York delivery.

Configuration:
  • 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
  • 3TB Fusion Drive
  • NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
  • MAGIC TRACKPAD
  • Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
  • COUNTRY KIT

DELIVERED

Can't wait to get home.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I ordered my iMac on January 11th. It shipped out of China on the 30th, went to Anchorage, Memphis, and now it's in Oakland. I live in San Francisco (just across the bay). Fedex shows my Mac arriving in Oakland about 3:00am this morning, so I hope it makes it to San Francisco for delivery today. The estimate is for delivery tomorrow (my birthday)!!

Update: My iMac arrived at the local San Francisco Fedex station at 7:11 this morning. I'm not sure if that's early enough to go out for delivery today. Fingers crossed!

Update 2: It's on the truck, out for delivery!!

The long wait is over! Delivered!!

I've cleaned up my folders on my current iMac in preperation for the data migration from Time Machine!

Alterin

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
So as expected, I missed my deliver. Went back to the tracking page. Selected hold for pickup, and it's still not available. Called. Automated phone system says it is to big to be held for pickup as the package is to big and they will attempt delivery again tomorrow. Called back and started screaming at the stupid automated phone system for operator for 10 minute before getting a person. They say I can goto location and pick up tomorrow. Sweet! My break at work ends, go back to work. Next break, check my phone.. Missed call from FedEx(no message). I sense a nightmare on its way.

iainc

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
Cheltenham, UK
Expeditors shows that my unit arrived at Heathrow around 2pm this afternoon. Anyone have a clue as to how long it will take to make it 90 mins further west to my pad in Wiltshire?

Thanks

Nikko

What info do you get from Expeditors?? Every time I try my 82xxxxxxx reference I get "No info available", but the UPS system states it has had an import scan in Cologne on Saturday, with no further updates since. UPS say it will arrive by the end of Wednesday, meanwhile Apple insist it will arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). God knows.

Gavzooka

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2013
What info do you get from Expeditors?? Every time I try my 82xxxxxxx reference I get "No info available", but the UPS system states it has had an import scan in Cologne on Saturday, with no further updates since. UPS say it will arrive by the end of Wednesday, meanwhile Apple insist it will arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). God knows.

Just using the 82 number myself and it works.....

Where did you get your UPS tracking number from?

iainc

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
Cheltenham, UK
Just using the 82 number myself and it works.....

Where did you get your UPS tracking number from?

I put the 82xxxx reference into the UPS site and got the tracking number from there. Nothing at all on Expeditors for me. I've currently no idea whether to expect it tomorrow, Wednesday, or neither! It will be nice when I can seeits in the UK at least.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Well, after shooting up to Orlando, swapping out the crap desk for a good one, pretty damn big one too, didn't expect it to feel this big (63"x31"). Got home, got it set up, set up my iMac. BOOM, pure awesomeness. No signs of image retention, can't see any backlight bleed at ALL, and it's even quieter than a mouse. Looks like they got these batches right! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I'll be ********** around on it for a couple days so you might not hear from me. I'll be in an iMac coma, of love....

cdwdirect

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Well, after shooting up to Orlando, swapping out the crap desk for a good one, pretty damn big one too, didn't expect it to feel this big (63"x31"). Got home, got it set up, set up my iMac. BOOM, pure awesomeness. No signs of image retention, can't see any backlight bleed at ALL, and it's even quieter than a mouse. Looks like they got these batches right! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I'll be ********** around on it for a couple days so you might not hear from me. I'll be in an iMac coma, of love....

Congrats, large! Hoping my weekend is :apple:-tastic!

Val K

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
Italy
SHIPPED!
6 hours ago I received the email from apple with tracking number and the estimated delivery: first it was 11th feb, now 12th; 12th feb is also the UPS date. I hope that this is the last delay, 8 days from China to Italy are enough. Order placed 17th jan.
This is the hard part of the waiting, i guess: you know that it's yours, that it does exist... but you can't have it!

RckChlk15

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2010
Wichita, KS
been following this forum for awhile, just wanted to inform you in the last 5 minutes my order on Jan 16, prepared for shipment

Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
been following this forum for awhile, just wanted to inform you in the last 5 minutes my order on Jan 16, prepared for shipment

Configuration

3TB Fusion Drive
COUNTRY KIT

Are you on the spreadsheet? If so Please update it to prepared for shipment, if you are not on the spreadsheet, put yourself on it. It is in the Mac Thread just look for Spreadsheet and you will find it. Enter your info and keep it updated please.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL

Configuration

3TB Fusion Drive
COUNTRY KIT

Congratulations! Have they charged your card/payment method yet? You'll most likely see it update to "Shipped" sometime tomorrow morning. The good thing about when your order updates to Preparing For Shipment at night, and then updated to Shipped in the morning, is that you are guaranteed to make the FedEx cutoff time, so your iMac wont have to wait till the next day to go out on the plane like mine did. Which shipped method did you choose? I only chose Standard shipping, it shipped last Thursday, and I received it this morning. Which is pretty dang good for standard shipping, and if you went with Express Shipping, you'll have it even quicker. Hope you enjoy!

----------

Oh, and I just wanted to upload a little something. I ran a speed test on Speedtest.net, and here are my results with this iMac. I have Roadrunner Lightning by Brighthouse Networks. If you are in the Central Florida area then you are familiar with it. It provides you with 40 Mbps DL and 5 Mbps UL speeds. Pretty dang nice, soon I'm going to upgrade to the 60 Mbps speed... You can never have too much speed...
2486690037.png

RckChlk15

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2010
Wichita, KS
Congratulations! Have they charged your card/payment method yet? You'll most likely see it update to "Shipped" sometime tomorrow morning. The good thing about when your order updates to Preparing For Shipment at night, and then updated to Shipped in the morning, is that you are guaranteed to make the FedEx cutoff time, so your iMac wont have to wait till the next day to go out on the plane like mine did. Which shipped method did you choose? I only chose Standard shipping, it shipped last Thursday, and I received it this morning. Which is pretty dang good for standard shipping, and if you went with Express Shipping, you'll have it even quicker. Hope you enjoy

----------
Oh, and I just wanted to upload a little something. I ran a speed test on Speedtest.net, and here are my results with this iMac. I have Roadrunner Lightning by Brighthouse Networks. If you are in the Central Florida area then you are familiar with it. It provides you with 40 Mbps DL and 5 Mbps UL speeds. Pretty dang nice, soon I'm going to upgrade to the 60 Mbps speed... You can never have too much speed...

I wont know anything about the Card, its on my mothers. Our house at college was broken into on christmas and my fully loaded 27 inch imac was stolen. Insurance will handle this one. i did the standard shipping figuring as i would be waiting a lifetime already. im more than anxious to get it, already have 2 superdrives, thunderbolt hard drive, and 32gb of ram to greet the beast when it arrives.

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
@Wizardhunt, no change in your order yet? That is weird. You ordered it through apple didn't you? Or was it via a reseller?

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
@Wizardhunt, no change in your order yet? That is weird. You ordered it through apple didn't you? Or was it via a reseller?

Yes I ordered through Apple online. It's been 21 days in just a few hours, and still no change from Processing Items. . . All I can do is wait. It does say 3-4 weeks and tomorrow is the 3rd week.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
Are they going to use the delays as an excuse not to update soon? Otherwise they'd be due for a small processor bump about now.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I was just about to go to bed and call it a night, and decided ok, one more check to see if it is still stuck on Processing Items. . .

And it Moved to Prepared for Shipment . . . at appx 11:30 pm so with some luck it may ship out early or earlier than 48 hours. But Finally it moved. It won't be long now. :D

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Congratulations! Have they charged your card/payment method yet? You'll most likely see it update to "Shipped" sometime tomorrow morning. The good thing about when your order updates to Preparing For Shipment at night, and then updated to Shipped in the morning, is that you are guaranteed to make the FedEx cutoff time, so your iMac wont have to wait till the next day to go out on the plane like mine did. Which shipped method did you choose? I only chose Standard shipping, it shipped last Thursday, and I received it this morning. Which is pretty dang good for standard shipping, and if you went with Express Shipping, you'll have it even quicker. Hope you enjoy!

----------

Glad you got it!!

Mines out for delivery today. Sod's law says it will turn up while I'm on the school run later.

Got fibre optic cable here so 125 down and 10 up... And to think I used to think dial-up was great ?!

castoreq

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Ok, here is my way, hope it helps somebody:

• 12/28/2012 - ordered Base iMac 27" + 1TB Fusion (wire transfer)
  • 1/7/2013 - order status change to "processing ...", payment accepted. Delivery 05 Feb, 2013 - 12 Feb, 2013
  • 1/28/2013 - order status change to "preparing to ship", exactly 3 weeks after accepting payment
  • 1/29/2013 - shipped (16h after "preparing ..")
  • 1/29/2013 - recived TNT tracking number (12h after "shipped")

And the TNT tracking:
Zrzut%20ekranu%202013-02-5%20o%2010.39.31.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.